Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Chile

g body front taller ball joints

hi,i need to know what are the pros and cons of using tall ball joints with stock a arms? do i have to use lower ones,or only the uppers,or both.?thanks a lot.
      my best regards

Country Flag: United States
      Pretty sure you need shorter upper arms or you'll have too much positive camber
      85 monte, drift project- small block t5 and 8.8
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

Country Flag: Chile
      that means it will not work right with taller ball joints? sorry but i get confused.
      thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Give Markus over at SC&C and he can help you get set up with proper parts to optimize camber curve. What your looking for in a set up is the suspension sits negative and keeps going negative as the suspension compresses. Using a Popsicle stick and paper clips you could simulate the suspension action.
      Looking at mounting positions and cycling the suspension through its range of motion lets you "see" a camber curve. Basic design frontends are called short/long arm. Long on bottom, short on top. BUT where the mount of the short upper sets up the camber curve.
      So redesigned A arms can correct the stock camber curve AND possibly allow for limited adjustment such as in SPC upper arms.
      Again, many companies make parts and sometimes stock arms can be made to operate adequately till you decide to upgrade or to use in limited fashion.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com