Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

ROGER DANIELS feel i got robbed what say you

Well i went to a local alignment shop known to be great with street rods jeeps and all sorts (except pro touring) on words from a good friend fiquered id try him . you've all seen the nova im building for my wife Sandy, i asked for 5deg of caster, 3/4-1 of camber and 1/16-1/8 of toe in. well $79 later sorry sir cant be done. if it had been able to be done the bill would have beenabout $175 ( for an alignment are you high) it has 12 deg caster tires rub this that one thing after next. its got that gulstrand mod thats messing everrything up , i said ok i called got advise from Blake speed tech and mark at sc&c they both said 12 deg no way its the shop .So i cut out the wheel wells a bit and thru some shimes in to do my home align just with a level i,m talkin i dont know squat about aligments i looked at casanovas pictures of his front end shims and put close to the amount in mine thats good enough then i went to Sam's alignment in national city whos my main alignment guy half hour later the specs i wanted are on the car and Mike the main guy there said its great piece of cake ,drives wonderful your allset cool Mike how much? hmmm ahh $40 bucks. so i went back to rogers to ask for a refund for a bad diagnosis which is what the charge was for ,told them all i did was cut my fender wells and brought to another shop never touched the gulstrand mod or adjust the height of the car they made up some explaination and say thats what we get for disgnosis, i said 80 buck for diagnosis double what i just got the full alignment job done for
      how do shops get away with A(charging 200 bucks for an alignment) and B(not making it right when you can prove they didnt even try to do job right the first time) anyway i got an old school alignemet job by circle track guys done right and it drives great needless to say i wont be giving any compliment to roger daniels alignment
      john dioli

1972 NOVA SPEED TECH TORQUE ARM AND FRONT ARMS , RUSHFORTH NIGHT TRAINS, DRIVERZ INC
      BUILD LINK
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-(GREY-MATTER)

Glad to hear you got a good alignment and while I'm not defending the first shop at all but doing an alignment for $40... That is dirt cheap.

Some of the custom shops around here charge by the hour when doing alignment on custom stuff like PT cars especially if its the first alignment on new suspension parts because it can take them a while to get it right. I've watched a few alignments being done in person and it's not quick.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

around here, a basic front alignment is $65. A 4-wheel alignment starts around $90. So, for $40, that is great! The other shop, all you can do is file a complaint with the BBB

roger daniels is a more modern shop in my opinion and sams is one thats been there doing it the old school way for prolly 40 some years now not sure what sams normal rate is for sure but ive always been charged 40 bucks everytime ive gone there about 8 times now over 3-4 years
      john
      1972 NOVA SPEED TECH TORQUE ARM AND FRONT ARMS , RUSHFORTH NIGHT TRAINS, DRIVERZ INC
      BUILD LINK
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-(GREY-MATTER)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com