Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Alignment specs?

Going to be rebuilding the front end of my GN this weekend. Have everything I need to do the job. Going to have it aligned sometime next week. What are the best settings for the caster/camber/etc for a average street going G-Body?

Using all new parts (save for the shocks) on this build.

Thanks for any advice.

Scott
      Scott
      '86 Grand National
      11.32 @ 118 1.60 60'

0.5 degrees negative camber, as much caster as you can get while still getting 0.5 camber, and 1/16th toe in.
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      2005 Mustang GT SCCA F-Street (new for 2015)
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

Alignment specs?

^^^ Agree as above.
      Technical Support
      UMI Performance, Inc.
      [email protected]

Join us on Facebook!

Is there such a thing as too much caster?

Thanks guys.
      Scott
      '86 Grand National
      11.32 @ 118 1.60 60'

Honestly go with stock g body specs and then read your tires. Unless your suspension is modified be careful how much negative camber you can dial in.
      Stock specs are attached. According to GM specs max negative would be 0 degrees,,,Honestly unless you have added some modified parts,,,,I woud ask for -0.25 to -0.30 degree, Unless you have installed offset upper control arms(repair parts for sagging frames) but installed to allow for more negative rather than positive camber. Max caster spec is 4 degrees, dont forget to have them allow 0.5 degrees more positive cater on the right side to allow for road crown. I would stick with stock toes specs for that car THEN read the tire, feathering will indicate wither too much toe in or toe out.
      Honestly unless the car has had some camber curve mods,,,,be careful or your car wont handle well AND be very odd handling.
      Why am I mentioning this,, I do alignments for a living AND I do help people set up cars from time to time.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Quote Originally Posted by MonzaRacer View Post
      Honestly go with stock g body specs and then read your tires. Unless your suspension is modified be careful how much negative camber you can dial in.
      Stock specs are attached. According to GM specs max negative would be 0 degrees,,,Honestly unless you have added some modified parts,,,,I woud ask for -0.25 to -0.30 degree, Unless you have installed offset upper control arms(repair parts for sagging frames) but installed to allow for more negative rather than positive camber. Max caster spec is 4 degrees, dont forget to have them allow 0.5 degrees more positive cater on the right side to allow for road crown. I would stick with stock toes specs for that car THEN read the tire, feathering will indicate wither too much toe in or toe out.
      Honestly unless the car has had some camber curve mods,,,,be careful or your car wont handle well AND be very odd handling.
      Why am I mentioning this,, I do alignments for a living AND I do help people set up cars from time to time.
      Thanks. Sorry for the late reply. Been real busy around here this week.

Heading out later for the alignment so this helps alot.
      Scott
      '86 Grand National
      11.32 @ 118 1.60 60'

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com