Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

calibration problems on speedometer with auto meter phantom

i have my auto meter phantom installed in the 68 camaro with an ls2 and all the gauges work right except the speedometer.. it seems read 10x faster.. so if I'm going 5mph it reads 50.. anyone have this problem or have an idea what's happening.. help.. thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Did you by chance already do the "2-Mile Calibration" procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Meter's Website
      ...Onto the calibration procedure itself, the easy part. Current Auto Meter Speedometers use the Trip Reset Button as the calibration button, some earlier Auto Meter Speedometers use a separate calibration button. We include a pushbutton that is used for the calibration steps on models which require the separate button. Once you have everything installed and before you start the motor, follow these steps

1. Press and hold the button while starting the vehicle. Once the motor is running, you can then release the button after the pointer goes to the highest MPH reading and stays.

2. Drive to the beginning of your carefully measured 2-mile distance, and stop. Press the button again, and the pointer should then go to half of the maximum MPH reading, and the speedo is then ready to be calibrated.

3. Drive the two miles, stop, and push the button, the pointer will drop to zero and the calibration is complete and the speedo should begin indicating the speed when you start driving.

On models that use a separate calibration button, you may either keep the button wired in or remove it.
      Here's the link --> http://www.autometer.com/tech_faq_an...px?sid=2&qid=9

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsBlueCamaro View Post
      Did you by chance already do the "2-Mile Calibration" procedure?

Here's the link --> http://www.autometer.com/tech_faq_an...px?sid=2&qid=9
      worked great thanks

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com