Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by RS_Customs View Post
      Hate to hear that Doug,

The boot is just there for dust. If it's leaking, there is probably a bigger problem then a torn boot.

Robert
      Yup...it needs a rack. I told her when we first had the thought of racing her car that this stuff is going to happen. I just didn't think that it was gonna be so bad...so fast!!!!

On another note I got a price quote for a 200r4 that would stand up to my engine...around $2500 plus the converter. Kinda makes me want to go the T56 route...but that's alot of miney too!!
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Douglas,

WOW! You and Kim both deserve Hard Luck awards! That blows. The Cobra deal is bad because the tow truck driver had to know that happened and didn't mention it. I have to imagine that the rack is due to the driver using a cable on it or if it came loose and snagged it.

Thanks for sharing the events with us. I hope things get ironed out and you don't take it in the shorts.

Maybe stitch the floor and add some subframe connectors at the same time.

Tony Huntimer
      RaceHome.com
      Last edited by TonyHuntimer; 04-14-2012 at 10:58 AM.
      @Camaro.Family Camaros
      1967 #QuickChangeCamaro - SpeedTech Suspension LS1/T56
      1967 #CFBee - SpeedTech Suspension SuperCharged LS3/T56
      1969 #TaxReturnCamaro Art Morrison Suspension 496/T56
      1986 #IROCdaily - Stock IROC

I'd be hesitant to just stitch that back myself; I'd probably cut out the damage all together and put in some replacement pieces. MPS in GA should be able to help you out; 770-867-2644. I'm stunned that any roll back driver would have been stupid enough to do that! Good luck with the repairs.
      Joe Hinds

Where the tears are do look the perfect place for frame connectors. (at least from the pictures)
      Ron Schwarz

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Where the tears are do look the perfect place for frame connectors. (at least from the pictures)
      Her cobra has welded in subframe connectors already so I guess the tow driver was looking for a reinfoced body hole to put the hooks into...and chose a regular body drain hole. The weird thing is is this: this had to have happend on the tow truck. Kim and I actually took pictures once the car was up on the flatbed b/c we were curious as to where to hook up the unibody on a tow truck. So we have pics of the hooks in the holes...on the flatbed!!! Im suprised the car didnt fall off the truck!
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

All is well with the Cobra!! The floor is fixed...a new rack is in it...and the clutch cable is fixed!!!!
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

Wow , it sucks at all the bad luck Doug .
      But , I'm glad you got the Cobra fixed .
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

This is an extreme example of why it is better to trailer a car to an event like this. You just don't know what is going to happen and you can't trust anyone these days to give good service. Just curious, what did you end up paying in towing fees for the weekend?
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

That's great news!! Glad to hear you got it fixed. Now how about some pictures of the repair??
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

OK...here's the bright side on the Mustang...good place to install some custom subframe connectors!

I've been all across the country with broken cars...but not my only two! Bless your heart...and good luck with the fixes. Let me know if I can help!

Where will we see you and Kim next?
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      This is an extreme example of why it is better to trailer a car to an event like this. You just don't know what is going to happen and you can't trust anyone these days to give good service. Just curious, what did you end up paying in towing fees for the weekend?
      All in all I paid about $600 in fees...and that's the towing...The trans shop fee's...and the taxi ride.

Im not sure what Kim ended up paying.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
      OK...here's the bright side on the Mustang...good place to install some custom subframe connectors!

I've been all across the country with broken cars...but not my only two! Bless your heart...and good luck with the fixes. Let me know if I can help!

Where will we see you and Kim next?
      Thanks for the kind words Bret!!

I will have my car back on the road in about two weeks. I plan to attend the June 2 Washington DC National Street Tire Challenge event, a bunch of Capitol Driving Club Autox's, the Midwest Muscle Car Challenge, and RTTH 8.

Now that Kim's car is fixed...we have some plans up our sleeves for that car.

I appreciate the offer to help. It is a really nice feeling when you know that there are people out there who know what you're going through and are willing to lend a helping hand or just sit back and listen to all the venting...and trust me there is alot of venting coming!!!

btw...the ridetech coilovers were AWESOME on the drive up there. 100% different car.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com