Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Very Nice prject.

Suzy....floor looks fab! I always wondered what that wooden thing in the wife's kitchen was used for! Great idea! Engine is gonna look slick against the hammertone paint!

65 Vista Cruiser
      67 Delta 88 Vert
      70 Vista Cruiser Pro-Tour Project
      96 T-Bird
      69 BSA A65L
      48 Ford F5
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...o-Tour-Project

Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes!

What do you think?
      These are the 'racing' wheels, I have another set of street/vintage wheels all picked out but these Coys were much more in my price range.

I'll leave them with this finish for now but just you wait, they won't always be grey.

Very cool! I almost went with Coys too, they've got nice stuff at a great price. Main reason for the MBs I finally bought was I got them locally rather than having the Coys shipped from out of state. Now I get to see the Coys on a car, lookin' great so far! Size?

Keep it coming!...
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

I don't know how strong Coys are but they look great for the price!
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Great build, keep the post coming.

You may try, The Works bathroom cleaner for removing rust. My Dad swears by it. Just a thought and may be cheaper.

Steve

I feel like a McDonald's spokesman because "I'm Loving it"
      Don
      Grace - 67 Camaro daily driver with upgrades along the way.

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Camaro-Driver

15x7 Seems to be the biggest we could go, but as you know, it's a bit of a crap shoot until the car is actually resting on the wheels that you know if you estimated correctly.
      Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      Very cool! I almost went with Coys too, they've got nice stuff at a great price. Main reason for the MBs I finally bought was I got them locally rather than having the Coys shipped from out of state. Now I get to see the Coys on a car, lookin' great so far! Size?

Keep it coming!...

Yay! So glad you approve!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dons67 View Post
      I feel like a McDonald's spokesman because "I'm Loving it"

Quote Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
      I don't know how strong Coys are but they look great for the price!
      Rodney's been running them on the '68 for more than three years with no problems so we thought it was worth a try. Seems to be a company with good service so I'm confident that they'll back up their product in the event that the wheels don't stand up to the test. And price was definitely a consideration since we can't all have Rich on retainer ;)

Thanks for the heads up on the bathroom cleaner, good to know. So far we've done majority of the car with one gallon of Safest Rust Remover (I think it was around $40 a gallon maybe less?) and although the fluid is filthy, it seems to work just fine. I thought I might try straining it through coffee filters just to see if I can clean it up a bit but I'm hoping I don't really need it much longer ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixr320 View Post
      Great build, keep the post coming.

You may try, The Works bathroom cleaner for removing rust. My Dad swears by it. Just a thought and may be cheaper.

Steve

Thank you!
      Quote Originally Posted by coolwelder62 View Post
      Very Nice prject.

Back In The Day

I thought I'd share a couple of picks of Sugar back in the day when she was the family workhorse for her former owner:

I guestimate the photo in the snow to be in the mid-seventies since that's the last time it snowed at nearly sea-level here in the Bay Area.

Power, I think lill surprise you Especially with all you've done. When I owned Your Sugar,She was stock and with the 3 speed,and being light, she would get up and move. Just would'nt get the good mileage And she always handled good even with heavy loads. She's looking GOOD! She's getting the love and care she needs.

The Snow picture was taken on Southwood Dr. Vacaville, Ca in the late 80's The pickup with the camper is a my1960 Ford andmy 1970 Ford pickup. The other piture in the clear weather, Taken in Broadmoor / Daly City, Ca.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffs750 View Post
      The Snow picture was taken on Southwood Dr. Vacaville, Ca in the late 80's The pickup with the camper is a my1960 Ford andmy 1970 Ford pickup. The other piture in the clear weather, Taken in Broadmoor / Daly City, Ca.
      Hi Cliff! Great to see you chiming in! I'm so glad that we can share this experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy-Homemaker View Post
      I love the entire dash, I wouldn't think of replacing it. The speedo is currently sitting partially disassembled on our dining room table being cleaned with q-tips and hand painted when I can't work outside on the car.
      If I remember correctly I don't think the fuel guage was working when I parked it

Wow what a transformation from my old goofmobile

Big day today!

All kinds of stuff has been happening. First I should tell you why I haven't posted (and probably won't for another week or so); I really am Suzy-Homemaker and this last week I pre-released my first set of children's clothing patterns and will launch them next week in Kansas City at the International Quilt Market. I know...who cares? But it's all a part of the big-picture dream and being published means I'm on my way.

Now onto the REALLY big news: Sugar got her heart transplant today!

Motor looks so pretty and shiney!

Yes, I know she's missing a tooth...I have a braising kit to see if I can repair it myself.

Almost there...

YOWSA!

Okay, well I should be fair and tell you that the engine is not exactly completely installed, it's sort of just resting on the motor mounts since there was some frustration in the install and we decided to walk away and do further adjustments tomorrow. I won't get to do the post-frustration adjustments because I'll be on a plane to Arizona where I will then depart from there on Monday in a Honda Pilot towing an 18 foot trailer to Kansas; not sure how that's gonna go but we'll make it work.
      Okay, now I just have to share the pattern covers for my designs as a licensed pattern designer for BariJ and then I won't say another word about it

I was just told I hijacked my own thread so I have to now post something else about the car to get it back. How about the fact that I was thrilled with my Mother's Day present of a socket set and work gloves from www.theoriginalpinkbox.com Not only do I love them but I love the play on words!

Okay, now that I've returned from my Suzy-Homemaker duties we're back to working on the car. Now that the engine is in, all the details have to be buttoned up. One project was to rebuild the distributor. I took all sorts of great pictures of the process involved in removing the points and replacing with a Pertronix kit but honestly, it was so easy it's sort of rediculous to even tell you how to do it. the I bought the kit here: http://bit.ly/KJVOZP

The kit comes with a diagram and a small set of instructions that even a total novice can follow and be successful.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com