Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New Kid From the South

Hey guys,
      Just wanted to introduce myself and my build for ya'll! I'm from way down south GA. and am currently restoring a 1979 Pontiac Anniversary Trans Am. It's a numbers matching, less desirable 403 car, but still a great car and completely original. I built a BMW not to long ago, and missed the way it handled. I dumped every dime I made into the suspension on that car, and it was a great. Blew the motor sky high in it, rebuilt a high performance M3 spec motor for it, and had at it. Loved autocross events, windy roads, and mountain trips. I sold the car to buy my dream car since I could walk, an old Trans Am.

I stumbled across this '79 TATA in a barn from a T/A enthusiast in Dalton, GA. I am going for a mild Pro Touring setup, that I can still AutoX and drive like hell on the old south GA back roads, but also daily drive (weather permitting) and bring back the former glory of such a collectible car. I've got a very well thought out plan and attack developed for this car, I've been working on coming up with for about 2 years now, and after lots of digging and reading here on these forums. I'll go into details in my build thread!
      I fought with myself about the name for awhile, and finally came to terms with "GATA TATA: Hell On Wheels"...and if you don't by chance know what GATA means, then you went to the wrong college!

The car needs LOTS of love, but after almost 2 years I've finally saved up the money to start the build. I'll have a build thread complete with pictures of my old BMW, and the TATA starting tonight for everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and my car.

Can't wait to join the family!

JJ

welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!
      1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS-Detroit Speed Equipped
      1966 Chevrolet C-10-Driver/Project truck

Musclecarmatt, I have loved watching your 1971 build! My dad is a Camaro nut. F-bodies run in the family.

Hell On Wheels Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Anniv-Trans-Am
      -JJ
      1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am- Restoration in progress
      2017 Ford Focus- The company man's company car...and parts hauler.

Quote Originally Posted by GATA79 View Post
      Musclecarmatt, I have loved watching your 1971 build! My dad is a Camaro nut. F-bodies run in the family.
      thanks man!...alot hard work and time put into my car.....about ready for autocross season get out on track and drive!......looks you got a good build starting!
      1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS-Detroit Speed Equipped
      1966 Chevrolet C-10-Driver/Project truck

welcome aboard JJ! good luck with the project!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com