Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Safety Gear Check:

Just a reminder that we can still ship Safety Gear in time for Run To The Shore. Most sizes are in stock. We all spend good money on our cars. Spend a little to protect yourself and your family with basic safety gear. Pricing is super competitive with mainstream sources. The difference is that we speak pro-touring. Shop at link below and thanks!
      /Steevo

http://twistmachine.com/shopping/ind...=index&cPath=7

ok so let me try to get this straight. If we plan on running in the "limited" class then we do not need the jacket/gloves/shoes...all we need is the SA2005 or newer helmet?

I'm trying to get this straight b/c my g/f will be out there in her 04 Mustang Cobra and we don' want to invest in all this stuff if we don't have to.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
      ok so let me try to get this straight. If we plan on running in the "limited" class then we do not need the jacket/gloves/shoes...all we need is the SA2005 or newer helmet?

I'm trying to get this straight b/c my g/f will be out there in her 04 Mustang Cobra and we don' want to invest in all this stuff if we don't have to.
      i hope so, that is the way i read it.

Steve's pricing and service is great.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Just ordered a helmet! Great price too... Thanks Steevo!
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

what is the difference between the two classes? do we have a choice or is it based on vehicle(horsepower suspension etc.)? please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68 View Post
      Just a reminder that we can still ship Safety Gear in time for Run To The Shore. Most sizes are in stock. We all spend good money on our cars. Spend a little to protect yourself and your family with basic safety gear. Pricing is super competitive with mainstream sources. The difference is that we speak pro-touring. Shop at link below and thanks!
      /Steevo

http://twistmachine.com/shopping/ind...=index&cPath=7
      Steevo -- have you been in contact with the ASCS gang since RTTC? I ask because at that event nothing beyond a helmet was required for any event.... many of us wore shorts on the road course....
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

If I went out and bought gloves and shoes etc for nothing I am going to be severelly pissed.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
      If I went out and bought gloves and shoes etc for nothing I am going to be severelly pissed.
      Consider it an investment in your safety.
      Of course saying that, after the initial ASCS rules were published, this gal ran out and brought not only the gloves and shoes, but also a fire extinguisher, a jacket, 4 pt harness, harness bar and seat designed for said harness.
      Right after that, they altered the rules.
      Such is life,
      On the bright side, I no longer slide around in my seat, and I'm probably not going to die in a car fire while on track...
      Valerie Pichette

1988 GTA LS3 (418 stroker)/ T56 - "DragonLady GTA"

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
      Consider it an investment in your safety.
      Of course saying that, after the initial ASCS rules were published, this gal ran out and brought not only the gloves and shoes, but also a fire extinguisher, a jacket, 4 pt harness, harness bar and seat designed for said harness.
      Right after that, they altered the rules.
      Such is life,
      On the bright side, I no longer slide around in my seat, and I'm probably not going to die in a car fire while on track...
      if any of us were really serious about safety then none of us would be buying just a jacket. A full suit, gloves, shoes, nomex underwear and a head sock is the only acceptable way to be "safe". Well at least in my eyes it is. Having said that I sent out my Sparco suit in to get re-certified just to be sure. I got matching SFI rated Sparco gloves and shoes which were a pretty penny. I didn't want to skimp. After all this preparation I see that at RTTA and RTTC the rules were bent to adjust to the track and participants. I understand that it is an investment in safety but it is a little annoying when so much effort is put into something only to have the rules changed. Just my .02 cents.

Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS