Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Bad experience with ProTouring Fbody.com

Oh well, I bought all the good will people were heaping on Dave and did not look into the comments on his customer service.
      I ordered subframe connectors, solid body mounts, G brace, rear sway bar, and comp kit for all springs and aj shocks to the tune of $1687 on 2/7/12 or 2/9/12. He told me at the time he had all the parts in stock except the rear springs. He would not have them in until 2/20/12. I was not in a hurry at that point so I said just ship them all at once. Real nice guy, very informative.
      I call back on about 2/21. He says the G braces are out for powder coating and he is still waiting on the rear springs. I say no problem, but he assures me I should start seeing parts with in a week.
      I called again about a week later and he tells me the same story, but I would receive parts by last Friday 3/2/2012. I get shipping notification from UPS whenever something is shipped to me. Dave tells me he ships vis UPS.
      Well now I am upset. I call and leave a message that if he can't get my parts or give me a firm ship date than we need to talk about a refund.
      Well today 3/5/12 I called again and left a message that if can't return my calls I will charge back my CC. Apparently he has no intentions of returning my calls or standing behind his order. I will never do business with him again and I suggest others do the same.
      I own a small business and this is an issue. I will probably also report him to the better business bureau as well for leading me on.

Moderators thanks for moving this thread to the appropriate section.

Update...
      I call Dave again today 3/6/12 at about 2:30pm. He answers to my surprise. I am cordial and ask where my parts are. He said they will or have been shipped today. I am amazed, but skeptical. I ask if the rear leafs are in, G-brace, etc... He says wait a minute...the rear sway bar is on it's way to me. The supplier said they shipped it last Tuesday and I am still waiting on the G-brace to come back from powdercoating.
      You should have those pieces soon. I say, "Dave a need a better idea than that." He replies with he will have the remainder of my parts by friday and I will have them by the following friday. I say did you ship UPS, he says no, FedEx. That is not what he said originally.
      He then tells me he left me a voicemail this morning. I do not have any messages on my cell. That is the contact number I have repeatedly left for him, but when I got home there was a call from him on my house phone.
      He also informed me that there were packages at my house and they will trickle in all week.
      When I got home my rear leaf springs and sub frame connectors are here.

I will continue to update this thread as the pieces arrive. There is not any hardware with the rear leaf springs so I will see what comes tomorrow.

Update....
      3/7/12 FedEx delivered a box today. The front springs, nothing else.

I have:
      F springs
      R springs
      Subframe connectors

I need: (I was told it was all shipped)
      Body bushings
      hardware for R springs
      shocks
      F swaybar brace

I need: (told it would be delivered by 3/16/12)
      Rear sway bar and mounts that weld to frame
      G brace

On the shipping label it says it was all shipped as of Friday 3/2/12, but why is it arriving on separate dates? That is not how FedEx does business.

Country Flag: United States
      I have had that experiance with Fed Ex. You'll probably get everything else tomorrow.
      Mike South
      1968 Camaro SS/RS LS1/T56
      Ride Tech Tru Turn, Ride Tech T/Q Coil-overs
      Ride Tech 4-link

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
      That is not how FedEx does business.
      Yes it is. They do it ALL the time.
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      2005 Mustang GT SCCA F-Street (new for 2015)
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
      That is not how FedEx does business.
      oh yes it is, along with UPS, golden state, road runner and our own Postal service! I shipped with postal service to a town 4 hours from me and it took 8 days, but they can get other items across the country in 2-3 days? go figure

Please keep in mind that normally, comments from anyone other than the interested parties are not allowed. However, in this case, the comments are directed at the shipping carriers, so I am allowing them to stand. Hopefully the vendor will chime in, but obviously that is not required. Carry on.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Update 3/9/12...
      OK so some more parts arrived today.
      I got a FedEx box with the shocks and the rear spring hardware

I still need the body bushings to come in. They should be here today according to my conversation with Dave on Tuesday.

I would also like to point out one important thing. I asked Dave point blank if he had all the parts in stock and he said yes except for the rear leaf springs and on Tuesday he said that he had everything except the rear sway bar and G Braces.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Hopefully the vendor will chime in, but obviously that is not required. Carry on.

Andrew
      The vendor has not posted on PT.com since January of 2011 so I doubt we will hear from him anytime soon.

Update...3/10/2012
      Dave had left me a message and I called him back today Saturday at 11am. He answered.

He has the rear sway bar in stock and will ship right away. He also will have the G-brace on Monday or Tuesday. I pointed out I did not receive the body bushings. He was unaware and will ship them.

So far since I started this thread he has done a 180. I am glad because he is a real nice guy and was very informative.

This wasn't a bash on him for his quality of parts or his demeanor just his ability to ship and communicate which he is now resolving so the experience is getting better.

Update 3/19/12

The final parts did not arrive last Friday the 16th as promised. I called Dave Saturday at 11am and he answered. He said the G-brace, body bushings, and sway bar shipped a few days ago. He said I could use the tracking number on the previous boxes to see additional boxes shipped. I have not had a chance to do that, but I should have my last box here today ot tomorrow.

He has become very cooperative in his communications since I complained.
      He has never once apologized, but I guess I am satisfied now that all the parts will be here shortly.

I will post more if I have any issues not receiving the last box or with installation.

(I am also known as "peregrine")
      Last edited by parsonsj; 03-19-2012 at 05:42 AM.

3/20/12 Update
      All of the parts arrived today. Dave does not owe me any parts at this point.
      To sum it up it took from the beginning of February till now to get all my stuff.

I will post a separate thread about the installation and ride opinion when I am done with that.

The lack of communication was frustratrating since I expect people to do what they say and mean what they say, but otherwise I am satisfied for now.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com