Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Master Cylinder brake line circuits connections.. (Wilwood tandem MC)

Always had the question on how is the right way to connect the front/rear brake circuits on the MC.. anyone can help..
      I´m installing a wilwood tandem MC on a disc/disc configuration...
      Should I use the bigger MC reservoir with the front brake circuit, and the smaller with the rear brake circuit?
      Should I mantein the distribution block for the rear brakes?

Regards..

Country Flag: United States
      For a Wilwood tandem MC, the larger front reservoir/outlet port goes to the larger calipers, which are typically the front in all but some very specific applications. Rear port feeds the rear brakes.

You haven't mentioned what you're working on, however whether you use a distribution block or not is up to you, assuming it is just a distribution block and not a combination valve with built-in proportioning valve, metering block, etc. The simplest plumbing schematic for any disc/disc car is a tee-fitting in the front line and an inline adjustable proportioning valve in the rear.

Tobin
      KORE3
      It's what I does.

Hey Tobin..

I´m changing my actual configuration on my 73 camaro (stock front brakes and rear aftermarker discs brakes, aftermaket MC, proportioning valve and all the rest is stock) for a wilwood kit (13" 6 pistons front, 12" 4 piston rear, proportioning valve and new wilwood MC)...

PRA

If your front and rear brake kits are well matched for each other, then you should be fine running your existing proportioning valve setup. My understanding is that the '73 Camaro ran a OE disc/drum combination valve, so if that is what you're referring to as the "distribution block" in your original post, then I have some serious concerns as you never want to run more than one proportioning valve in any brake circuit. The results can be less than predicatable.

Tobin
      KORE3
      It's what I does.

Ok Tobin I get the point.. maybe my actual configuration is not the best.. .. so what will be your suggestions? As I´m starting from "0" with this new kit .. what will we the right way? or simplest plumbing schematic for this setup? I really want a good braking system (that brakes) and installed everything the right way and only one time...

Simplest is as I described above, tee-fitting in the front line and inline adjustable proportioning valve in the rear. The next simplest would be something along the lines of a Wilwood #260-11179 distribution block with built-in adjustable proportioning valve and would serve as the tee-fitting for the front lines. I prefer the latter if I'm plumbing a car from scratch with all new 3/16" lines myself as it makes all of my connections 3/8-24 SAE inverted flares. One size of tubing, one size of fitting...doesn't get much simpler than that IMO.

Tobin
      KORE3
      It's what I does.

thanks.. great !!!!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com