Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Building a better brake system...

I am trying to build a complete brake system for my 1968 Camaro. So far, I have a set of six pistion Wilwoods for the front, and thats it

I'm now trying to decide if I should just go with C5 corvette front rotors and calipers for the rear, or pony up the extra $$ for complimenting Wilwood rears. I was also planning on running a Hydroboost with a Gen 4 Camaro master cylinder.

Anyone have any experience with this setup? Any Pro's or cons?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      Quote Originally Posted by kllrvet View Post
      or pony up the extra $$ for complimenting Wilwood rears. Anyone have any experience with this setup? Tony
      your half way there, might as well finish.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Welcome to the site.

X2...I'm with Vince, throwing C5 fronts in the rear would be a terrible match to the Wilwood 6-piston fronts (Superlite? W6A?) in terms of caliper piston area. The C5/C6 rear setup in the rear would hydraulically balance out much better, but whether you go that route or a matching Wilwood kit would be up to you. You were considering running fronts in the rear, so would I be correct to assume that you have no interest in having a parking brake?

For the master cylinder, there are several different hydroboost solutions, however running a 1" bore fourth-gen F-body MC is probably not the best idea considering most people run 1.125" bore units with aftermarket brakes and hydroboost, and even then some would consider them to be over-boosted.

Tobin
      KORE3
      It's what I does.

Use the new 12" 2 piston floating set-up from Wilwood, it will match the front nicely and helps avoid knock-back issues. My kit arrived last week and I plan to tackle it this weekend if I have time.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

How about a 1.25 diameter bore master cylinder like this one?:
      http://www.carparts.com/details/Chev...pc270901830959

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com