Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good Seats

Country Flag: United States

Good Seats

Anyone have any recommendations for a good set of comfy seats with good lateral support? I'm selling the Procar Pro 90s in my '71 Nova and want to find a set of late-model or aftermarket seats for around $500. I know GTO seats are popular, but I hear they're a little tall. And if anyone has a set of non-cloth buckets they're looking to get rid of, by all means let me know.

Corbeau GTS2

I have them in my Nova and love them.

Why not stick with procar? They should be an easier swap and I'm really happy with the Sportsman I bought. You can have a pair shipped to your door for less than $350 and that includes sliders...
      81 Regal, impersonating a Grand National with a 488 Olds
      Build thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ith-a-488-Olds

I can get you in a set of Cipher Auto seats for around $399 shipped for the faux leather ones.

I'm running a cloth set and I love them. Mine shown sell for around $329 shipped, plus the cost of mounting brackets.

keith... I hear the sportsmans are a bit hard. I like the Elite Lumbars and Rallys, but I also hear they're tall. The Pro 90s certainly are, even without the Procar bracket.

tony... I do like those. My buddy's got a similar set (not sure if they're Ciphers) in his '68 Camaro and absolutely loves 'em. I'll let you know if/when I sell mine.

Hey tony got a few questions for you about the Cipher Auto seats
      Are they comfortable enough for an everyday driver?
      Is there enough padding in the seats? they look kind of thin
      http://www.youtube.com/user/cutlassrkt?feature=mhee
      69 cutlass - 5.3l L33, Jakes stage 3 4L80e, 275/40/17 proxes tq

Quote Originally Posted by 69cutlassrkt View Post
      Hey tony got a few questions for you about the Cipher Auto seats
      Are they comfortable enough for an everyday driver?
      Is there enough padding in the seats? they look kind of thin
      I admit I was skeptical when I first unboxed these. When I sat in them I loved them. They are a very firm memory foam padding. I drove 220 miles, only stopping once, and there was no discomfort at any time. I'm really pleased with them.. for the price, they are hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_SS View Post
      I admit I was skeptical when I first unboxed these. When I sat in them I loved them. They are a very firm memory foam padding. I drove 220 miles, only stopping once, and there was no discomfort at any time. I'm really pleased with them.. for the price, they are hard to beat.
      Tony, I am on the verge of purchasing a set of the Cipher seats!!

I have a few questions... What model are yours? How was installation? Did you purchase the Cipher brackets? How are they holding up...material, stitching, foam, sliders?

Pros? Cons?

I'm pretty sure my buddy's got ciphers in his 68 camaro. He ended up gabbing his own brackets. He loves em, too.

Slightly different spin on this... I am running a set of vintage Recaro buckets out of a e21 BMW 3 series. They are mounted to Recaro sliders on Wedge Engineering brackets. Couldn't love them more!

Nick DiPrenda

Quote Originally Posted by protour73 View Post
      Tony, I am on the verge of purchasing a set of the Cipher seats!!

I have a few questions... What model are yours? How was installation? Did you purchase the Cipher brackets? How are they holding up...material, stitching, foam, sliders?

Pros? Cons?

Mine are the CPA1013 series. I did get the bolt in brackets for my car.. Installation was easy.. bolt the sliders to the seats and the brackets to the sliders, then bolt everything to the factory floor mounts.

The material has been great so far.. everything's holding up nicely.

The only con would be that if you're really tall, over 6'2" maybe? The brackets would push the seats up too high, in my case. But I don't have to worry about that..

If/when you are ready to order, let me know and I can get them drop shipped to your home. Thanks

Mine are the CPA1013 series. I did get the bolt in brackets for my car.. Installation was easy.. bolt the sliders to the seats and the brackets to the sliders, then bolt everything to the factory floor mounts.

The material has been great so far.. everything's holding up nicely.

The only con would be that if you're really tall, over 6'2" maybe? The brackets would push the seats up too high, in my case. But I don't have to worry about that..

If/when you are ready to order, let me know and I can get them drop shipped to your home. Thanks
      I'm not over 6'2" so I'm good there (6')

What is the advantage having you drop sip them as opposed to ordering straight from Cipher? Are you a dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by protour73 View Post
      I'm not over 6'2" so I'm good there (6')

What is the advantage having you drop sip them as opposed to ordering straight from Cipher? Are you a dealer?
      Yes I'm a dealer for them. The advantage is that I'll personally take care of your order, provide good communication and a tracking number.

Yes I'm a dealer for them. The advantage is that I'll personally take care of your order, provide good communication and a tracking number.
      That's good enough for me, I will PM you when I order!!

Hey Tony, do the seats come in any other color or just black?

Quote Originally Posted by BlownMerc View Post
      Hey Tony, do the seats come in any other color or just black?
      Yes there are different variations here.

Looked at the web site; very nice looking seats! will definitely be considering these for my project...I'm still watering my money tree =)

Well, I sold off some other stuff (bye bye GTO ), so I decided to pull the trigger on some Corbeau GTS II's after rchaskin sent me some pics of his installed (hopefully he doesn't mind me reposting them here). I also found a Corbeau vendor 5 minutes from my work (AMP Performance), so I could sit in them. Ended up with black leather, 1" shaved base, and dual-lock sliders only so I can fab my own brackets. I'll take some pics when I finish up the install.

I can also attest to the Cipher's that Tony SS deals. My buddy's got those and loves 'em. I'd have gone that route if I didn't get a surprise buyer for the goat.

Here's rchaskin's installed
      Name:  113_0043.jpg
Views: 4469
Size:  188.2 KB

Wow, those GTS's look a lot better than they do on Corbeau's site. They looked like they didn't really have any support to them on their site, I was gonna go with the CR1's but wow, that pic makes them look super beefy.
      Dan
      1968 Camaro v2
      LS6 :: Viper T56 :: C5 Brakes :: Hotchkis Suspension

What about C5 vette seat, they look good and seem to be supportive enough, they are available everywhere seems to me, any fitting issues?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com