Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
      Quote Originally Posted by IMPREZvWRX View Post
      Thanks for the kind words. I can't stress enough how much fun I had yesterday, especially during the start stop challenge. (What was that actually called?)

Here are the results from the autocross portion of the day. Cleaned them up best I could. Let me know if I missed anything.
      I can't get this link to work, am I missing something?
      -Morgan
      www.hwimotorsports.com
      '68 Camaro SS vert
      '10 Camaro SS/RS
      '91 GMC Syclone
      '60 Impala

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
      I can't get this link to work, am I missing something?
      It's fixed. I took the spaces out of the file name to make it more web friendly, but I just copied the file and have it available both ways now. Any of the links here should work now. Sorry for the confusion.
      Chris
      South Jersey Region SCCA
      1999 Subaru Impreza RS

It's fixed. I took the spaces out of the file name to make it more web friendly, but I just copied the file and have it available both ways now. Any of the links here should work now. Sorry for the confusion.
      Cool, thanks Chris. Not that it has anything to do with you but I'm guessing Bill will make some sort of adjustment and provide results removing those who had less than 200 treadwear tires.
      -Morgan
      www.hwimotorsports.com
      '68 Camaro SS vert
      '10 Camaro SS/RS
      '91 GMC Syclone
      '60 Impala

Cool, thanks Chris. Not that it has anything to do with you but I'm guessing Bill will make some sort of adjustment and provide results removing those who had less than 200 treadwear tires.
      That's a bummer. Had I known tires made a difference, we could have done two separate classes. For SCCA events, we've started using 'street' tire classes to level the playing field and use a multiplier to mix the groups back together for comparison.

There's always next year. Third time's a charm, right?
      Chris
      South Jersey Region SCCA
      1999 Subaru Impreza RS

Offical ASCS results from RTTS will be posted on americanstreetcarseries.com. We do not qualify those who choose to run on less than 220 TW tires... They should be posted very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrock072 View Post
      Offical ASCS results from RTTS will be posted on americanstreetcarseries.com. We do not qualify those who choose to run on less than 220 TW tires... They should be posted very soon!
      220? I thought the minimum was 200?
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Link updated. Looks like the software didn't update the results when the car numbers were straightened out on the first go around, but should be in order now. If I missed anything else let me know.

Also added the individual runs here as well.
      almost got it right!! I was number 19 but my 1988 Monte Carlo SS wasn't out there. I broke down early friday morning. The little civic hatch back had a taped on "19" on it...im guessing that was the person you thought I was. The guy in the civic was one of the SCCA workers doing pleasure runs Im sure.

Just throwing this out there. I think that next year it should be a "paid entrant" only autox. I know for a fact that group 1 only got three laps on the autox...and we were waiting quite a while for some SCCA worker cars to get off the course during our run groups time. The guy at the starting line seemed to be working in a SCCA worker car between each of our cars. Just wanted to bring this to attention.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
      Just throwing this out there. I think that next year it should be a "paid entrant" only autox. I know for a fact that group 1 only got three laps on the autox...and we were waiting quite a while for some SCCA worker cars to get off the course during our run groups time. The guy at the starting line seemed to be working in a SCCA worker car between each of our cars. Just wanted to bring this to attention.
      While I was in the group that only got 3 runs, I think it was only fair that the SCCA workers get at least some runs... They were volunteering their time to help us out, and did a great job. Ill agree with you though, the people in group 3 did get shorted runs, and that probably effected those that were trying to compete for a top lap time.

The one "suggestion" Ill give for future events is to not let the groups go out all at once on the road course. Last year they gapped everyone, and it kept everyone off of each others asses during the first few laps. For some reason this year they didnt do that and it caused some VERY close calls:
      Name:  2012_run_to_the_shore_skids_off_track_sideways_smoke15.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  182.7 KB
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

2012's RTTS Registration now OPEN!

I'll agree with both of you. We'd have a hard time getting anyone out without seat time in exchange, but your group should absolutely have priority. I think next year, having the registration list, run groups, and schedule beforehand would get the first group on course in a more timely manner. This would allow us to determine how many runs should be counted for competition and any time left over is for fun. Ideally, all of the runs would be for points, but factors like worker turnover times play a major role in the productivity of the day.

I would also like your guys to have the opportunity to walk the course at least once. Knowing the course is key. Being able to pay more attention to car control and less attention on reading the course makes you that much faster.

Again, if there's anything we can do to make it more enjoyable or more fair, please let us know. Personally, I look forward to RTTS because you folks are such a fantastic crowd. Hopefully sooner or later I'll have a more appropriate car.
      Chris
      South Jersey Region SCCA
      1999 Subaru Impreza RS

Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
      almost got it right!! I was number 19 but my 1988 Monte Carlo SS wasn't out there. I broke down early friday .
      Douglas, what happened to the monte? I couldnt get it together this year, but i know you were spending and thrashing like no one else to get back to RTTS. I recall you were getting a trailer too, so where did the car break down? Poor guy!

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrken View Post
      Douglas, what happened to the monte? I couldnt get it together this year, but i know you were spending and thrashing like no one else to get back to RTTS. I recall you were getting a trailer too, so where did the car break down? Poor guy!
      check out my thread

Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com