Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      You guys need to do RTOS in May. I know you don't like camping(Linda says anywhere with less than 4 stars is camping). But you will love this track. Anyway, I'll see you in Jersey.
      Mike
      Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      It's all good Doug, I'm retiring from the CG in June. Following that, we're planning to relocate to the Pensacola Florida area. Selling/buying houses, moving and all the stuff that goes with it might prevent us from doing car stuff this year. I figure if we do the RTTS event, we can at least see some of our friends once more before the chaos starts. Who knows, everything may go smoother than expected and we'll be able to hit some other events later in the year, like RTTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      It's all good Doug, I'm retiring from the CG in June. Following that, we're planning to relocate to the Pensacola Florida area. Selling/buying houses, moving and all the stuff that goes with it might prevent us from doing car stuff this year. I figure if we do the RTTS event, we can at least see some of our friends once more before the chaos starts. Who knows, everything may go smoother than expected and we'll be able to hit some other events later in the year, like RTTH!
      Well good luck with the move and everything! Gonna miss you buddy!
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Great poster. I just cross-posted this event and your poster to Vintage-Mustang, Corner-Carvers, and 69Stang forums.
      I am iffy to participate due to my still recovering eye surgery. I see my MD again on April 2 for a hopeful clearance but it's unlikely. I will be coming down with my car in either case to hang out, help out, and photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by sr73bu View Post
      Hey guys... I hear the count is still pretty low for this event... In order to have another event next year, Bill needs to have more east coast guys commit!...

I a made quick flyer that everyone can pass along, copy and post on any other forum that may show interest in this event... Again, we need guys to register if we want this event to come back to NJ for years to come....Hope this helps...

-Sean

^ Thanks Ken!... whether you're there racing or just to hangout.. I can't wait to see that Mach 1 in person!

-Sean

Hey guys... I hear the count is still pretty low for this event... In order to have another event next year, Bill needs to have more east coast guys commit!...

I a made quick flyer that everyone can pass along, copy and post on any other forum that may show interest in this event... Again, we need guys to register if we want this event to come back to NJ for years to come....Hope this helps...

-Sean
      The weather this year in NJ is looking much better... we are already seeing 70-80* temps... Lets hope this weather stays around for April 6th...

How is the head count looking Bill? any more people sign up since the flyer has been passed around?

-Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      You guys need to do RTOS in May. I know you don't like camping(Linda says anywhere with less than 4 stars is camping). But you will love this track. Anyway, I'll see you in Jersey.
      Mike
      RTOS is still up in the air Mike. Gotta see what happens with the house/move first. At the moment, we're really looking forward to RTTS and seeing you and everyone else!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Is this event open to spectators, would like to come down and check it out? I went to the web site but didnt find anything on spectator's. Will probably bring my car next year, want to get a roll bar in it first.

Thanks Rich

-Sean
      Awesome job on the poster.

But it doesnt help that this event is really early in the year, actually before the season really gets going for the northeast normally. Also putting it on Easter weekend was not a good move IMO. I hope it happens again next year, preferably at a better time of the year. Last year we drove through snow for the first 2 hours. -Dan
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe
      1967 Corvette L79 convertible
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

Am I reading that correctly.......$225 just for Saturday? Looks like a fun time, but a little too rich for my wallet. Besides, I've been spending enough lately trying to get my Chevelle back on the road.

Does anyone know whether we are running "Lightning" or "Thunderbolt" (both named after WWII aircraft which is cool)? I would at least like to look at a track map before showing up...
      Tom

Edit: I found out that we are running Lightning on the track website.
      Last edited by tommycomfort; 03-27-2012 at 04:19 AM. Reason: info found

Tommy, glad to see you guys coming. To learn the track you can go to You Tube and look for some in car video.If you find a good one (and there are a few) watch a few times and it'll grow on ya!
      Kenny Sr.

Beat it like a rental car!

Post #42 here links a video that was taken at RTTS 2011.

Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

All registered looking forward to another fun time. Is anyone staying at the holiday inn?

Quote Originally Posted by SSninja View Post
      Got to be honest, if other people aren't attending, it's probably for the reason that I can't: Easter weekend.

I was this close to booking a hotel for it until I double-checked the dates. Tried "selling" it to the family and that didn't end well.

Hope you guys have a blast!

I retract my earlier statement:

I'll be heading down with Brian Lohnes from Bangshift.com to help cover the event!

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by SSninja View Post
      I retract my earlier statement:

I'll be heading down with Brian Lohnes from Bangshift.com to help cover the event!

Can't wait!
      ok...if you're lucky I'll give you an exclusive interview...lol.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
      ok...if you're lucky I'll give you an exclusive interview...lol.
      I'll make sure to bring my lucky rabbit's foot.

The forcast for late next week into the weekend is looking Partly Sunny and 65*!!!.... much better than last year's Snow/35*...lol

See everyone next week...can't wait!

-Sean

Can't wait. Been on the countdown for a month now. How many cars do we have participating?
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      New Jersey F-body Owners Association
      www.NJFBOA.org
      NJ's home for all owners, friends, and fans of Camaros and Firebirds

Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post
      Does anyone know whether we are running "Lightning" or "Thunderbolt" (both named after WWII aircraft which is cool)? I would at least like to look at a track map before showing up...
      Tom

Edit: I found out that we are running Lightning on the track website.
      Tom, here's my vid from last year...

Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

well...I blew my trans up tonight.

Now I have to put my "spare" in....this should be fun.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com