Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Rear Frame Design

I am modeling a frame for my 1968 olds 442. I used approximate measurements, and built the frame thus far similar to the photos of an Art Morrison chassis. I am doing all of this on Pro Engineer WF 4.0, so changes are much easier to do now. I was wondering why I had the bent rails in there being I plan to run an IRS, and the pictures had a solid axle used.

What would be the best way to design the rear frame for strength? I want to have a rear sub-frame that I can drop out for easy removal of the center housing. I assume using straight-cut edges on the tubes in the rear would make for the easiest mounting of a sub-frame. I should have to worry about the strength of a sub-frame I don't believe. Would it be possible to even use one from a C6 Corvette since I plan on running C6 suspension.

By the way I have C6 spindles, hub, rotor, etc. I found someone had posted on the gt40s website.

From what is below I already plan to redesign it, but I wanted some input. Name:  frame_main_asm.jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  72.3 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com