Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Buttonwillow NCRC Event September 15 & 16

I pre-posted this on the Lat-G site a few days ago and am finally getting around to posting this here............

I stopped by Dave Mills house(owner/partner of Northern California Racing Club) the other day to pick up a hat and we got into the discussion of our meet at Butttonwillow last September. He really liked having us out there and offered to give us our own group and time slot. He also said he would set aside our own space in the paddock and that could label the event and he would post it on his site. I explained to him that there were other PT events throughout the year and that we were only interested in two events, one being the September Buttonwillow event and the other being a Thunderhill event. I put an e-mail into Bill Howell about the Thunderhill event and possibly getting Bill some help with that from NCRC. If I dont hear from Bill I will post NCRC Thunderhill event schedule and then we can try and choose a date from their schedule that best suits most of us.

Newbies to the track will be required to take the school/instructor course and the more experienced drivers will be put in the point by format group.

At this time I am only concentrating on the Buttonwillow event and in order to get our own time slot for this event I need to get a count on who would like to participate.

An early non-refundable commitment may be required and I will keep you all posted.

Price Scedule:

Track day $99
      Timing $10
      Transponder Rental $10
      Non Member Fee $10

Let me know as soon as you can so that we can help Dave structure a schedule

Committed participants so far:

Gaetano Cosentino
      Todd Akes
      Carl Casanova
      Dave Gordon
      Steven Martinez
      Chads1stGen
      LM767

Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

Awesome legwork Gaetano. I'm down for the Buttonwillow event and depending on timing can probably do the Thunderhill if my car is back together.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Thanks Chad.

Update: Dave Mills has been following the thread on Lat-G and sent me another e-mail. He would like to structure it so that we would sign up for the "Chrono Series" which is basically a time trial group. We could have our own group within the chrono series and call it whatever we want. My take on this is that we would be running amongst other cars just like we did in solo, point by, and open.

My feeling is that he would probably need 40 plus cars and drivers with the same skill level in order to give us our own time slot. After all, he is running a business and it needs to make sense to him financially.

I say we play this out by ear at this time and see what kind of turnout we will get.

Anybody interested please post your interest and skill level(amount of open track days) so that I can help Dave try and structure this event.

Gaetano Cosentino

I'll bet we could fill a BW event a lot easier than a Thunderhill one... altho I am in for both!
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

I think we all know who will most likely show up for the Buttonwillow event and am looking forward to seeing all of you guys again.

Thunderhill will be a bit of a hike for our SoCal peeps but I'm hoping some will make it.

Gaetano Cosentino

Quote Originally Posted by Gitter Dun View Post
      I think we all know who will most likely show up for the Buttonwillow event and am looking forward to seeing all of you guys again.

Thunderhill will be a bit of a hike for our SoCal peeps but I'm hoping some will make it.

I've been wanting to run Thunderhill for a while now so if timing works I'll be there.

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

You can put me down for a spot; I would think you could put Matt Briggs down for a spot as well. I have done a couple track type events and have completed NCRCs drivers school, and Matt has done a couple track type events as well as a motorcycle track day at Buttonwillow.

I had a great time last September, can't wait for this one.
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Nessumsar View Post
      You can put me down for a spot; I would think you could put Matt Briggs down for a spot as well. I have done a couple track type events and have completed NCRCs drivers school, and Matt has done a couple track type events as well as a motorcycle track day at Buttonwillow.

I had a great time last September, can't wait for this one.
      Hey Jon, Would Matt be bringing the 2nd gen? Does that mean there is an ETA on it becoming drivable?

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
      Hey Jon, Would Matt be bringing the 2nd gen? Does that mean there is an ETA on it becoming drivable?
      He would, and hopefully the Camaro will be completed long before then.
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Cool!

Looks like I have a dead line for my roll cage project. Im in and looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 67zo6Camaro View Post
      Looks like I have a dead line for my roll cage project. Im in and looking forward to it.
      Brett, this is excellent. And sometimes we all need goals/deadlines. LOL
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

I can get 3-4 guys with modern 'vettes if needed.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by 67zo6Camaro View Post
      Glad to hear your going to join us Bret. You may want to contact Dave Mills on the roll cage just to be sure you will be using correct diameter, design, and thickness.

Gaetano Cosentino

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      I can get 3-4 guys with modern 'vettes if needed.
      So far interested peeps are:

Gaetano C
      Carl C
      Dave G
      Jon R
      Steven M
      Chad
      Asif
      Matt
      Todd A
      Bret
      John S
      Tom

Feel free to fill in anybody I missed but all in all this is a good start.

Gaetano Cosentino

Count me in! No excuses now. Can I take the driving school then or will I need it before the event?
      Robert
      My sloooow build thread...https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...hlight=Orngasm

"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

If I can only convince myself of this!

just a note geatano...I don't think the kids are saying "peeps" any more. Just a heads up.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Quote Originally Posted by ROBS6T8 View Post
      Count me in! No excuses now. Can I take the driving school then or will I need it before the event?
      It's up to you Rob. I think we will be a mixed batch as far as groups go. I will probably be in open group again. Most others in point by, solo, and school.

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick View Post
      just a note geatano...I don't think the kids are saying "peeps" any more. Just a heads up.
      I'm not a kid any more............well, at least not most the time. lol

Gaetano Cosentino

If I'm not filming during that time I'm in! Sure Musto and his Daytona would be a willing participant.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG View Post
      If I'm not filming during that time I'm in! Sure Musto and his Daytona would be a willing participant.
      Very cool Bill, nice to see ya showing up at some of these local events and enjoying your rides. My son and I met you at the Del Mar event. Hope to see you at this one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com