Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Best Shifter for 700r4

I am in the process of converting my collum shifter to a floor shifter. I have all the needed parts for the switch expect that I am not that crazy about putting the old horse shoe style shifter back in. Ideally a custom console is where I am leaning. In that case I definately dont want my horse shoe shifter sitting in a custom console. Anyone have any recommendations on aftermarket shifters that you have had success with and that look good?!

I am all ears.

Thanks!

Check these guys! Some pretty kool stuff and tons of options!
      http://www.kilduffmachine.com/produc...ts%20page.html
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

Hey thanks for the link. They make a cool product. Was looking for something other than a horseshoe though...

I have a B&M Megashifter in my custom console. I am not unhappy with it even though I am looking for something better. So far the Lokar shifters look like the best alternative.
      I would really like to find a hurst dual gate made for 3rd gen 700r4.
      At times I regret selling my horseshoe.

The 700R4 came in a LOT of vehicles so your shifter options are pretty good. If you can find a way to look up all cars that came with this trans, then you could spend a night on google images looking at their shifter options. 1980's era autos with 700R4's often had overdrive and/or cruise control with switches near or part of the shifter and you can use these shifters to wire your locking torque converter to. I run a 700R4 and shifter borrowed from an 80's era Jaguar XJ in my '67 Camaro. The cruise control switch on the shifter is wired to lock up the torque converter. Not the best pic (was taken by previous owner), but shows the shifter mounted into a 2nd gen Camaro console.

Name:  IMAG0192.jpg
Views: 8604
Size:  70.3 KB

Here's a close up of the shifter from some Jaguar marketing material.

Name:  1980+jaguar+series+3+interior.jpg
Views: 7465
Size:  198.4 KB
      - David
      1967 Camaro - In remembrance of my friend Scott

I have a B&M Hammer in my 67' Nova. It has a 4L60e in it, not a 700R4...its hard to explain but the shifter feels "sticky" I'd rather the shifts be a little "notchy"...the shop that did the install tried multiple times to adjust it to shift easier...no luck, I tried after I got it home, re-routed the cable a couple times...still the same. I'm looking to change it out as soon as I find something better...
      1963 Nova SS

We're launching a brand new push button shifter next week at Hot Rod and Restoration Show in Indy. I can't post pics just yet but will next Thursday night. It's pretty cool in that it allows paddle shifting with non-electronic transmissions.

Has anyone tried a c-4 corvette shifter?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com