Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Optishift or EZ TCU anyone use them?

I'm in the market for a standalone transmission controller and are considering the Baumann Optishift and EZ TCU. I see most people here using the GMPP Controller or Compushift. I'm wondering if anyone here has used or has opinions of either? This car will have a 4L80E and 455, seeing some track and autocross time in its future. Any feedback would be appreciated.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Our Simple Shift is also an excellent choice. Take a look at it at http://www.powertraincontrolsolution...impleshift.php I don't think anyone has done more 4L80E's than we have with great results.

I am too in the market for a controller (4l65e)

laguna4efi, Can you lay out some of the pros/cons of the SimpleShift vs Compushift?

Csouth, check out the March 2012 Car Craft issue. They did a comparison of several controllers.
      RobS
      71 Demon, 6.1hemi, paddled 4l65e, AlterK, Tri4,

I have the Optishift, however I have yet to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by laguna4efi View Post
      Our Simple Shift is also an excellent choice. Take a look at it at http://www.powertraincontrolsolution...impleshift.php I don't think anyone has done more 4L80E's than we have with great results.
      Thanks for the other option. I'm looking to pull the trigger on one of these soon, but not wanting to spend 1k either. Yours seems to be what I want in terms of functionality and price range.

Chris--

Quote Originally Posted by rjsjea View Post
      I am too in the market for a controller (4l65e)

Csouth, check out the March 2012 Car Craft issue. They did a comparison of several controllers.
      Will do, thanks...

Chris--

I have to be honest, I don't like to compare our products to others as I was brought up to believe if you have to tear someone else down to build yourself up you're doing it wrong. I will say I believe our products to be as good any on the market and better than most. I believe we have excellent tech support that's rarely needed with the Simple Shift because we've done our homework to make it an easy to install, simple to adjust transmission controller. I can tell you that because of our military business, we've tested our products to levels that most of our competitors can't begin to match. We stand behind our products, proudly manufactured in Pennsylvania, and are very competitively priced.

I will say that I've met the guys from Compu-Shift and have a lot of respect for them and what they've put together over there. Good company and good products. You couldn't go wrong with either of ours.

Jay,

I sent you a PM.

Chris

Chris--

I'm with Jay. You won't hear us say anything bad about available products. It's hard enough just to educate enthusiasts on how this stuff works. My biggest competitor is the TH350. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68 View Post
      I'm with Jay. You won't hear us say anything bad about available products. It's hard enough just to educate enthusiasts on how this stuff works. My biggest competitor is the TH350. Go figure
      Definitely nothing bad to say about your product Steve, its just a little out of my price range. I'm not saying its overpriced, I just can't afford it on my projects budget...LOL Hey, I just asked Jay if I could use TM Paddles with his controller...lol

Chris--

I wasn't looking to hear any bashing, more of a comparison. If they both perform the same basic functions without requiring the use of a laptop it comes down to price and availability then
      RobS
      71 Demon, 6.1hemi, paddled 4l65e, AlterK, Tri4,

Sorry, I really didn't mean to imply that you did RobS. Our price is $599 to $649, which includes everything you need, and availability is on the shelf. We also include a very complete diagnostic strategy in the unit that uses the same codes as GM did for the 4L80E. The codes also use the same limp mode strategies as the OE did too so you can get off the road to someplace safe without hurting the trans anymore than what may have already transpired. That way if you're out on the road and you have some kind of trans problem, any reputable trans shop should be able to read the code and have a very good idea as to what needs to be repaired. We hope you never need to use it but it's there just in case. Most of us have tried to run a used trans along the way....

Jay,Thanks for taking the time today to show me your product in person, it's greatly appreciated. I know now Simple Shift will be my choice.Anyone looking for stand alone controller should take a serious look at Simple Shift. The controller is very well put together. The wiring harness is very well constructed and loomed for fit and finish.

Chris--

Thanks to Jay for taking time to let me see the product and Mark at Bowler for the discount given to forum members.

Chris--

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com