Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Small update from this weekend. I got my rear tail panel mostly finished up. I shaved out the keyhole. I am going to run a cable trunk release from lokar. I also smoothed out the area where the fold down license plate is mounted.

I got the filler panel welded up last night at about 12:45. I am not real happy with how the driver side blended in. I had been up since 4:45 friday morning and was getting tired and impatient. I'm fairly happy with how the body line blended though, considering I bent the filler panel over the edge of my workbench. I'm hoping to start collecting more sheet metal equipment.

My lighting in my garage is lacking to say the least. Here are some daytime pictures.

And a picture to see the gas cap and tail lights.
      Second Gen F-body

Where did you get the gas cap at?

I love the name and the custom machined aluminum parts. Man those door panels look great!
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Looking really good I like the way you done the rear panel!

Glad you guys like it. I have some ideas for the rear bumper and lower valance that I am hoping will work out. I am hoping to use a 67-68 rear bumper and fab it into the rear panel. Then I want to fab in a roll pan of sorts that goes from the bottom of the rear bumper to the lower valance. It'll then be all body color. I want it to have the look that a 67 does with no rear bumper.
      Second Gen F-body

Small update from last weekend.

I was for the second weekend in a row sidetracked by college hockey.. so all I was able to accomplish was getting the rocker panel welded inplace. I'm going to work on the passenger rocker this weekend, and hopefully move onto the quarters.

I also got a bit of time at work today to get my door lock pulls done. Not much, but a nice little detail that I didnt have to be at my car to get done.

Second Gen F-body

Nice custom little touch. I like it.
      1969 Pontiac GTO
      -The Nameless project.

0331, USMC, Semper Fi.

Country Flag: Canada
      Your custom door panels are killer. Love all the small pieces your making, which I had access to a lathe and milling machine.

Chrome won't get you home...

Country Flag: Australia
      Very nice work....the car is looking way better than Cherolet turned out for that model year.

One thing you might think on for the rear bumper....a guy set up the back of his 74 Firebird in a similiar way to yours, but he used 68-73 Corvette rear bumperettes and built a recessed plate holder between them...worked really well with a rolled pan. Wish I had pics to show you.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Thats an interesting idea. I may of already said this in this thread, but as of right now I am wanting it to look as if it had the shaved bumper look of a 67-68 camaro. Something like in this picture below. I am hoping to fab in a 68 camaro rear bumper, and make a roll pan below with an area for the plate. I want it to be body color so its got that shaved look. If you can find a picture of that corvette idea that'd be awesome.

Basically I am trying to go for a bare bones simplicity type of build. The front and rears of the 74-77's just had way to much going on. I have no heat, no A/C. I'm going to run cragar d-windows( I know I know, lets hear it haha), and bare bones electronics. Want a sort of t/a type of look. I'm going to have a cd player with one speaker which will be in the original dash mount position,thats all, etc,etc...

I'm planning on running 275/40-17 on all 4's. I am either going to go a shade of white similiar to the picture below, or I am going to go with a dark gray like the late 2000's chevy trucks and suburbans have. I'm leaning on the white to save me a bit on not having a/c!

Second Gen F-body

Country Flag: Australia
      Found it!

Heres a picture....

Heres the guy's webiste...hasn't been updated in a while, worse luck, nice car.

http://www.extremefirebird.com/Home.html
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Awesome, thank you. Thats neat and original. I think im going to stick with a straight across bumper, but that does actually give me some ideas for my license plate mount!
      Second Gen F-body

I know this is old but did this car ever get finished?

Any more updates? You have given me a lot of good ideas for my 76.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com