Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: France

70 mustang Resurection in France

As an avid car enthousiast here in France, I have decided to build a wild outlaw 70 mustang fastback with bits I had for years in my garage and cheap parts found here and there for sale.

here are the detailed project :
      70 mustang mach 1 shell or sort of

C6 front suspension bought from a rear ended corvette

engine will be a 4.6L modular as I have parts to build 3 engines with Teksid alloy blocks.
      T45 manual transmission rebuilt and beefier !!

69 mustang in the built
      70 cuda 440 in restoration

I have already gathered new A pillars, rockers, doors, most of the interior parts except seats as I will probably use Recaro leather seats from E36 BMW (they are cheap and plentiful here).

I am debating on building the front suspension cradle myself or ordering the C6 clip from Art Morrison. the second option may be the best as I can do bodyword, welding and a lot of simple things but designing a suspension that works, it is not an easy job !!

the middle section of the chassis is the easiest part and is done on my drawing board as the rear section that will be done with an 8.8 LS axle from a 2004 mustang, Maximum motorsports arms and Autoweld rear frame rails
      69 mustang in the built

Country Flag: United States
      Could you start with any less of a car? Seem to be taking the easy way out. ;-)

I do not want to cut a shell than can be restored. I sold this mach a few years back and the buyer cut it that way in order to build a race car. that did not happen I bought the bits back.
      I have another rolling shell here where I can find all infos to build this one back. I could have just bought a lower half from muscle metal but I want to learn more than I know now and this is hotrodding.
      69 mustang in the built

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com