Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I promise. By the way, I love the project title YAC!

nice nice nice

Getting ready for a little welding and seam filling.

A little progress on the YAC this morning. Jeremy has welded one of the quarter to rear deck fiiller panel seams:

The e-coat has been ground off the seam at the quarter to taillight panel, in preparation for welding. I have to say I'm not impressed with the panel fitment here, but we'll fix that.

Last edited by BulldawgMusclecars; 02-08-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: added a few pics
      Joe Hinds

looks good. I asked about that and Mike agreed that it looks like the rear panel fitment was more of a hammer and poor attitude to hurry up and get it done. Thankfully, YAC is in good hands now and will be fixed the right way.

Getting there...

Joe Hinds

I just caught wood.

would that be Yacwood?

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyRnD View Post
      would that be Yacwood?
      That all depends on whether YACwood is a hardwood or not. :-)

A few updates. The rear is now finish welded.

DSE makes a half-firewall fill plate that overlays the stock firewall...Jeremy was making his own from scratch, and decided that rather than overlaying the firewall, it would be cleaner to just cut out the offending ugliness and weld in a new panel.

In with the new...

Joe Hinds

Maybe one day I'll win the lottery so I can get you guys to do all this to my Camaro too. Great work as always!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

no need to win the lottery. Just save a little at a time, then plan a few small projects at a time. no need to do it all at once, unless like you said you win the lottery, or you have a specific deadline to meet. Otherwise, just pick a few things to do at a time, then be okay knowing it won't get painted for a while, and will sit in primer as you have a few things done here and a few things done there.

Looking great as always, Joe. As much as I like the quality of the work, I really appreicate the attention to detail like wrapping the front suspension components so they don't get damaged by weld splatter, I do realize that you would have done the same for the subframe if we had not talked about it needing to be re-coated. That is something I would not even have thought to ask for (and obviuosly didn't), and you guys automatically doing that is why we, your customers and fans, think so much of your company out here! Many thanks to you, Jeremy, Clark and the other guys on your team that I simply have not gotten to know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      Maybe one day I'll win the lottery so I can get you guys to do all this to my Camaro too. Great work as always!
      Quote Originally Posted by SparkyRnD View Post
      no need to win the lottery. Just save a little at a time, then plan a few small projects at a time. no need to do it all at once, unless like you said you win the lottery, or you have a specific deadline to meet. Otherwise, just pick a few things to do at a time, then be okay knowing it won't get painted for a while, and will sit in primer as you have a few things done here and a few things done there.
      I could not agree more on this line of thinking. I have been guilty of starting down one path and changing my mind as I go, but I have found it to be much easier to get this all done if I divide the whole project into pieces and then attack & see each individual task through before I move onto the next.

I am neither rich nor a recent (or non-recent for that matter) lottery winner, and what you see here is the result of several years worth of "begging, borrowing, bartering and stealing." Even though I started this thread recently, I bought this car almost six years ago and have been doing a little bit of work at at time ever since. Sparky can even attest to the fact that is has sat in my garage for close to 4 years in primer while I scraped and saved away to be able to have it painted. The opportunity to have a shop like Bulldawg Musclecars do this work and get it into paint for me came up for me almost by accident, but the timing was right and I could not pass up this chance. I am sure that when I get it back from Joe and his team it will take a bit of time to get the interior as I want it & the wheels that I want to put on it, but I am willing to invest the "waiting period" to get it right.

Baby steps!

Quote Originally Posted by gardnerme View Post
      Looking great as always, Joe. As much as I like the quality of the work, I really appreicate the attention to detail like wrapping the front suspension components so they don't get damaged by weld splatter, I do realize that you would have done the same for the subframe if we had not talked about it needing to be re-coated. That is something I would not even have thought to ask for (and obviuosly didn't), and you guys automatically doing that is why we, your customers and fans, think so much of your company out here! Many thanks to you, Jeremy, Clark and the other guys on your team that I simply have not gotten to know yet.
      Thanks, Mike! We try to treat every customer's car like our own, and the nice thing is I don't even have to remind the guys to do it.
      Joe Hinds

Thanks for the response Joe. Some shops don't seem to want to do work that way with the car going in and out of the shop regularly. It's nice to know someone I can depend on to treat me right will do this kind of work on an intermittent basis. I just wish you guys were a little closer...that would make it perfect.

On topic, the car is looking great!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

...someone has been busy, ...great looking project

Thanks, Kevin, for the sale of the trunk lid! It was about the last original body piece I needed. I am sure Joe will let us know when it gets to his shop and maybe even post some pics when they fit it to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by gardnerme View Post
      Thanks, Kevin, for the sale of the trunk lid! It was about the last original body piece I needed. I am sure Joe will let us know when it gets to his shop and maybe even post some pics when they fit it to the car.
      ...I even put "JAC Parts..." on the box , I'm sure you already gave Joe a heads up that it's headed to him...
      I actually just dropped it off for UPS,, ...will email you the tracking info shortly.

...oops, ...I think that was supposed to be, .."YAC parts..."

Kevin

Thanks for the message on the decklid, Kevin! Honestly, I think you should have charged Mike more for the "Monkey Jungle" sticker on the inside!

BTW Mike, your car is going to be in good company...a '69 Camaro is coming in tomorrow!
      Joe Hinds

...so you heard about the sticker lol

...For those that are wondering...

...and I never even thought to check, ...but Mike emailed me a link.... www.monkeyjungle.com, ...darn place is apparently STILL around

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com