Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Mine is the gloss black 69 RS camaro with the Boze wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by CornHusker4Life View Post
      Mine is the gloss black 69 RS camaro with the Boze wheels.
      Ah - that makes more sense. I knew they told me one of the cars was yours. That car looks awesome! Did they (Jessica) do the paint work on it? Will it be ready soon?

Yep, they did everything. Paint, metal/body work, motor...etc. Everything! It should be going to the interior shop in a couple weeks.

Quick update on YAC. I had to yank it from the last shop because of zero progress (I am starting to see a pattern). Zero, but I don't call using the roof of my car to store another car's hood "progress". Yes, and that exact thing happened before and I specifically expressed that exact concern to the shop owner when I dropped it off.

The good news is that I have been talking with another shop that has come highly recommended from several people I have talked to, and i had gotten on their waiting list. They told me a month ago that they should have space for me in about a month, and low and behold a month later - they are ready for my car, and they even came and picked it up from my house! They are supposed to start on it next week and said they might be about ready to spray it in about six weeks. Even if they can't have it ready for color in double that time, I am still giddy about it!

Pics and further updates to follow.

Sorry about the bad luck, but at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel now! Looking forward to pics!!
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

What shop is doing the work? Just curious, I live in Alpharetta, so I'm not too far from you. Hope you have a better experience. This is one of the main reasons why I do all my own work. Well, that and I really enjoy building cars! I am so anal about cars and the details that it's borderline an addiction. Can't imagine someone else neglecting my car! Good luck.
      Dave

1972 Nova
      1967 RS/SS Camaro - current project

Quote Originally Posted by daredvl22 View Post
      What shop is doing the work? Just curious, I live in Alpharetta, so I'm not too far from you. Hope you have a better experience. This is one of the main reasons why I do all my own work. Well, that and I really enjoy building cars! I am so anal about cars and the details that it's borderline an addiction. Can't imagine someone else neglecting my car! Good luck.
      Dave,

It is Thunder Valley Custom in White, GA that has it now. I have heard good things about them from several people, so I am guardedly optimistic. In visiting the shop, they have several projects in there but they also have a bunch of people who are actually WORKING on them. It is refreshing. Plus, I get a good impression of Brad and Shane who I think are the two owners.

I actually work in Alpharetta, so I am sure there are times that we really are not far apart. Let me know if you are around during the day - maybe we could hook up for lunch sometime. Understood about wanting to do as much of the work yourself. I have no clue about how to do paint and body work, and I really do not want to learn on this car. I do have an old Jeep that might be the perfect vehicle to learn on, though. :-)

All the best!
      Mike

Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      Sorry about the bad luck, but at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel now! Looking forward to pics!!
      Ben,

Live and learn as they say. I am happy to look forward and not dwell too much on the past.

I hope you are still doing well out in Utah!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by gardnerme View Post
      Dave,

It is Thunder Valley Custom in White, GA that has it now. I have heard good things about them from several people, so I am guardedly optimistic. In visiting the shop, they have several projects in there but they also have a bunch of people who are actually WORKING on them. It is refreshing. Plus, I get a good impression of Brad and Shane who I think are the two owners.

I actually work in Alpharetta, so I am sure there are times that we really are not far apart. Let me know if you are around during the day - maybe we could hook up for lunch sometime. Understood about wanting to do as much of the work yourself. I have no clue about how to do paint and body work, and I really do not want to learn on this car. I do have an old Jeep that might be the perfect vehicle to learn on, though. :-)

All the best!
      Mike
      Sounds cool. I live and work in Alpharetta. It's funny you mention learning on an old Jeep. Not trying to hijack your build thread, but here's a before and after of a '74 CJ5 I completely rebuilt my freshman year in college. Did everything in a 1 car garage, which included replacing the entire tub with a new steel body. Painted it Viper GTS blue. Of course I've since sold the Jeep to by my first home, but man was a great ride.

Dave

1972 Nova

Quick update. I went by the shop (Thunder Valley Customs) that is working on it now, and they have finished setting up the rear axle and installing the rear sway bar. They have also cut a hole in the tunnel for the shifter, and now they are moving on to the body work. They have hung the front sheet metal back on and are working on setting the gaps.

I also took them the hood so they could set that on and the trim for the windshield & the back window so they could fit the gaps for those pieces. I will probably stop back by there sometime next week to see what all they have gotten done. It was very exciting to see work being done again! I got very motivated in watching their progress to push this car along again from my end.

Progress from April 17

More progress pics:

Progress from April 24

More progress pics:

They had the front jacked up so they could pull the engine out. Not sure about the method - I just had to walk away and not watch. They got it out fine though and started working on the firewall.

Nice to see progress! Mine spent 13 months in paint prison. Keep posting.

Here is an another update. I stopped by the shop yesterday to check in, and they were fitting the front clip one more time before they blow it all apart again to start painting it. They said they were taking the dry pearl I took to them last week to have it made into paint yesterday, so I figure they must be getting close! The current plan is to get it back to be in color and ready for me to star my assembly but the end of June. When I reminded them that was only about 5 weeks away, they sarcastically asked me if I wanted them to slow it down a bit. Ummmn, NOOO! I may add some scope on them so I may not really get it back that quickly, but it sounds like color is coming soon either way!

Anyway, I just know there is something I am forgetting to relay to them before it gets painted, but I promise I really do not know what that would be.

Here are some pics:

Quick update but not much to report. I took most of my engine parts to the machine shop this afternoon in hopes that we can have the engine basically together by the time they are ready to put the painted front clip back on.

It looks like today is the day - they are planning to put the color on! I went by to look at the door jambs they have already sprayed to see the color before it went on the whole car. Here are a couple of teaser pics.

If I can, I do plan to go back up there late this afternoon and see the results. More to follow.

And no, these pictures do not do the color justice!

Nice! Looking forward to the pictures of it painted.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Here are a few pics from this morning that give a good idea of the color. The clear coat is being applied this afternoon.

I love the hue of this particular green, but it is amazing how much of a tint of blue you get when you look at it from an angle.

More to come later.

Here are a couple after the first two coats of clear have gone on.

I am digging the green and blue hues you see at different angles.

The shot before clear reminds me of the Green Goblin's suit from Spider-Man. I really dig the color. Cool to see something different, nice choice.
      Dave

1972 Nova

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com