Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
      looking good..! I did the green I am going with something similar... (Dark Olive Metallic from Porsche)

From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by gardnerme View Post
      Thanks, David! It is not as cool, radical or nasty as yours is, but I am super excited about how it is coming together. If you ever happen to be in the neighborhood again, please feel free to stop by and take a peek (if you like).

I would love to come by an check it out in person , I will give you a call one day soon.
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Quote Originally Posted by David Sloan View Post
      I would love to come by an check it out in person , I will give you a call one day soon.
      Please do!

Its has been a while since I posted an update, and the car has sat while life has "gotten in the way" of me working on it much. I have, however, spent some time the last couple of days working on setting the pinion angle correctly and getting the axle to sit where I want it. I have gotten it close but it is still about 3/8" too far back. I am hopeful that I have it close enough that I just need to adjust all the bars to be 3/8" shorter and hopefully it will be almost exactly where I want it. I did run into an issue where once I had it at the axle at the proper angle I found that the tabs that will hold the end of the hard brake line are hitting the front of the coilover, so those will need to be moved. Good think I need to have the powder coating on the axle done again anyway.

Anyway, while I was doing all of this and had the axle about right, I put one of the rear tires under the car to see how they will look and check clearances all around. It is tight, but if I can manage to measure correctly for wheels (I will obviously check that several times), I think it will come out just fine! Sorry about the darkness of the pictures, but it was dusk and if I used the flash the car did not look right in the pictures.

This pic shows the back end a little bit high, but it is close.

This picture makes it looks like the rear end is way up high, but I think it is just the angle of the camera.

That is the final tire on the left and the roller tire on the right.

And, I look to have abut a 1/2" clearance on the inside (sorry, again, about the fuzzy picture)!

Small progress is still progress, right?!

Small progress is still progress, right?!
      You got it Mike!
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

You got the backspacing fig. out for your wheels yet or do you need my bs tool now?
      Cars looking good
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben@SpeedTech View Post
      You got it Mike!
      Thanks, Ben!

You got the backspacing fig. out for your wheels yet or do you need my bs tool now?
      Cars looking good
      No, David, I still do not have that figured out yet, but I would still like to borrow your tool if it is still an offer. I am hopeful I will be there in a couple of weeks or so, but I am also working on my old Jeep as well so this one is not getting my full attention right now.

Thanks for the compliment - you still need to stop by and see it sometime. :-) Pictures do not do this color justice at all. It is better than I had hoped for.

No, David, I still do not have that figured out yet, but I would still like to borrow your tool if it is still an offer. I am hopeful I will be there in a couple of weeks or so, but I am also working on my old Jeep as well so this one is not getting my full attention right now.

Thanks for the compliment - you still need to stop by and see it sometime. :-) Pictures do not do this color justice at all. It is better than I had hoped for.
      Sweet
      Seems like every time I turn around something else comes up that I have to do or work on! Makes it hard to go do things you would like to.
      Let me know when you want it an we can meet up
      David Sloan

Well, two steps forward and one step back - only this is a decent sized step backwards. The two bosses on the front driver's side of the block are supposed to to be drilled and tapped to be able to bolt on my serpentine accessory drive.

I guess I should had bought that accessory kit before I finished the engine build. Stupid me.

Anyway, I marked the locations and started drilling.

I figure if I can make 1/4" per day I will be done in a couple of weeks. The tough part is getting leverage on the drill without leaning against the freshly painted car. I found it best to climb into the engine compartment, and I am not as young as I used to be.

At least I got the water pump painted!

And yes - that is two pieces of a broken drill bit on the newspaper. From drilling into the block, silly!

Nice
      I know you told me but what block are you running?
      Have not ran in to many that were not drilled an tapped!
      David Sloan

Nice
      I know you told me but what block are you running?
      Have not ran in to many that were not drilled an tapped!
      It is a GM 2 bolt 400 block. It's good to know that this is maybe not too common and I should not feel too embarrassed for not checking. Or, that is what I am going to tell myself. :-)

It is a GM 2 bolt 400 block. It's good to know that this is maybe not too common and I should not feel too embarrassed for not checking. Or, that is what I am going to tell myself. :-)
      If I'm not mistaken, I believe those holes there were for the motor mounts used in the first gen small blocks when they first came out, i.e. 1950s. I don't believe I've ever had to use them in any of my cars. I recently bought a Summit brand low mount power steering bracket kit that uses those holes. Ended up that that kit put the pulley right up against the steering box so the holes remain unused, lol!

2 bolt 400, hmmm, I have a spare 350 I'll trade you so you don't have to continue with the grief of drilling and tapping... ;) I didn't realize that's what you had, great motors they are!
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

2 bolt 400, hmmm, I have a spare 350 I'll trade you so you don't have to continue with the grief of drilling and tapping... ;) I didn't realize that's what you had, great motors they are!
      This one has been modified a little bit (splayed billet 4-bolt caps to hold the forged crank). I realize I probably have too big of a cam in it, but I am very eager to hear this one rumble anyway. :-)

Lol! I didn't realize there was such a thing as too big a cam ;) . My 406 going into the wagon has an old school solid flat tappet cam with .562 lift and 260/262 dur @ .050. I used to drive this engine daily back in the early 90s when it was in my Nova. Rear view mirrors were a bit useless at idle but it sure was fast. That's what really counts anyway isn't it?

I'm assuming you're using a roller? What are the "too big" specs?

Lol! I didn't realize there was such a thing as too big a cam ;) . My 406 going into the wagon has an old school solid flat tappet cam with .562 lift and 260/262 dur @ .050. I used to drive this engine daily back in the early 90s when it was in my Nova. Rear view mirrors were a bit useless at idle but it sure was fast. That's what really counts anyway isn't it?

I'm assuming you're using a roller? What are the "too big" specs?
      It actually is not as big as yours, but yes it is a hydraulic roller. Advertised duration is 292/300, but it is 242/248 @ .050". Lift is .584"/.579". It is a fuel injection cam, so the lobe separation is 113 degrees. I am hopeful that might tone it down a little bit.

Minor update here, but one I am very happy with. I have drilled and tapped the bottom bosses on the driver's side of the block, and they are just about in the perfect position. Doing this with the engine on the car was a major PITA (and my back and neck for all of the leaning at awkward angles), but it is done and I don't think I could be any happier. I still need to clean everything up, but I got the accessories mocked up to make sure everything will fit.

Mischief managed!

[QUOTE=gardnerme;1188394]It actually is not as big as yours, but yes it is a hydraulic roller. Advertised duration is 292/300, but it is 242/248 @ .050". Lift is .584"/.579". It is a fuel injection cam, so the lobe separation is 113 degrees. I am hopeful that might tone it down a little bit.[/QUOTE

Is this custom grind or off the shelf? Got a 400 sitting that I am debating on building .. Nice build

Sounds like a good healthy street cam, that should make some decent power. Congrats on the drill n tap hurdle being done and working, looks great!

[QUOTE=Jk918;1188917]
      It actually is not as big as yours, but yes it is a hydraulic roller. Advertised duration is 292/300, but it is 242/248 @ .050". Lift is .584"/.579". It is a fuel injection cam, so the lobe separation is 113 degrees. I am hopeful that might tone it down a little bit.[/QUOTE

Is this custom grind or off the shelf? Got a 400 sitting that I am debating on building .. Nice build
      It is an off-the-shelf Comp Cam.

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...gory_Code=RFHR

i have not started this engine yet, so I can't offer any feedback. It was recommended by the techs at Comp based on my combination, though, so hopefully it really won't be far off of what I really want.

And, thanks!!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com