Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
      awesome build, i'm glad to see you back at it.

Country Flag: United States
      Here are some more pics that I took this morning. They had pushed the car out of the paint booth and outside, and they were putting the clear on the doors, hood, trunk lid, etc. It was not in the direct sun, but I got to see it in natural light. I still love this color and the different colors it makes in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by daredvl22 View Post
      The shot before clear reminds me of the Green Goblin's suit from Spider-Man. I really dig the color. Cool to see something different, nice choice.
      Dave - that color was really what I was going for. It seems to still be there now that the clear is on, but it is now surrounded by other colors of green and blue. The pics without the clear were taken in the shop and the lighting where it was then was much less than the later ones from inside the paint boot and outside. I wonder if that green will be more obvious again in darker environments (like dusk time at the Canton Saturday cruise in). :-)

Btw - I forgot to mention I do like the pics of the old Jeep you had posted!

I can say that these pictures absolutely do not do this car justice. The color is absolutely amazing, and keeps changing depending on light, where you are looking, and the contours of the body. just a killer color.

Paint looks great! I like it.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyRnD View Post
      I can say that these pictures absolutely do not do this car justice. The color is absolutely amazing, and keeps changing depending on light, where you are looking, and the contours of the body. just a killer color.
      Thanks for the stamp of approval, Sparky! I was afraid I was really liking the color simply because I am glad don't have to look at the car being three shades of primer anymore (after several years!).

I finally got to see part of it out in the sunshine today. They have wet sanded & buffed the hood and took it out for me to see when I stopped by. Again, the color really does not come out in the pictures, but it is awesome in person. They have installed the bed-liner underneath and the rear axle and sub-frame are out getting powder-coated. Here are some shots I took of the hood today. I am still amazed at the variation between blue and green that you can see.

I hope to have the engine back from the machine shop in a couple of days, and then I will index the bellhousing so I can attach the transmission on and take that assembly up there so they can put those in before they install the front sheet metal. Then it will come home while I save up some more funds so I can then make some more progress!

I picked up the engine on Friday. I need to dial in the bell housing, and then install the clutch and transmission. I can then take it up to Thunder Valley so the can set it on the subframe and then install the front sheet metal.

Don't worry - those valve covers are just temporary. Not sure which ones I am going to use, but these will work to help protect the insides. And, yes - that is a timing belt. :-)

I had to go by the shop this afternoon to drop off some parts they needed (no, not the engine yet - I plan to take that up this Friday) so that they could wrap up the suspension and put it back down on the ground. They have reinstalled the front subframe (grey metallic powder-coated now) and started installing the rear axle (grey metallic powder-coated to match). It just keeps looking better and better. You can see how good the black firewall and the truck bed liner undercoating look.

Quote Originally Posted by gardnerme View Post
      Don't worry - those valve covers are just temporary. Not sure which ones I am going to use, but these will work to help protect the insides.
      If only you knew someone that made valve covers..... ;)

Btw, the car is looking great!

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyRnD View Post
      If only you knew someone that made valve covers..... ;)

Btw, the car is looking great!
      Sparky - I am not sure I want to use fabricated valve covers or something more traditional looking, but if I do go the fabricated route I will definitely be giving you a call.

And, Thanks!

I went by to check in this afternoon, and they have most of the font sheet metal on and the windshield in. They also had the rear window set, but they had to pull it back out because they were having trouble with the rear window stainless trim clips. They have also made some great progress on the front valance (sorry, no pics yet!), but they are shooting to have it back together enough for me to bring it home maybe next week. Then I can do some work on it and save I some more money to get them involved again. Anyway here are some current pics, even though the car is a little dusty..

Car is looking good Mike, I am glad it's working out for you finally.
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Another quick update, but this is really a couple of weeks old. She is home for now so I can save up some more funds and put on some of the many parts I have been collecting. I am definitely going to have a problem with the brakes. They will not clear my steel ones on it now and I don't have the money to buy the ones I want yet. I know - there are larger problems to have!

As you can start to see in these pictures, the angle that the light reflects off of the car really has a large affect on the color you see.

love the build, and the color choice!

Sweet Mike
      Really coming together
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Quote Originally Posted by FLYNAVY53 View Post
      love the build, and the color choice!
      Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by David Sloan View Post
      Sweet Mike
      Really coming together
      Thanks, David! It is not as cool, radical or nasty as yours is, but I am super excited about how it is coming together. If you ever happen to be in the neighborhood again, please feel free to stop by and take a peek (if you like).

just stumbled on your thread.....looks like the same green I used. HOK....great paint
      This is the build thread for my car
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Beak-Job-quot

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodneb View Post
      just stumbled on your thread.....looks like the same green I used. HOK....great paint
      Mine is not HOK, but I did think about a couple of their colors before I pulled the trigger on this one. Mine is actually a couple of coats of standard black, a few coats of dark green dry pearl flake mixed into a clear carrier, and then sealed with a couple coats of clear. I am not sure anyone was sold on it before it went on the car, but I am really happy with it now - and that is all that matters, right? :-)

I went through your thread, and your build looks great, too!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com