Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

I want Wilwood brakes front and rear, need package deal!

I just recently purchased a real nice 68 camaro. It has drums on the back 12 bolt and stock GM disc brakes up front.
      It does have Fatman 2" drop spindles. Power brakes as well. I want a complete package to do front and rears in 12" rotors.
      Will I need a new master cylinder from Wilwood as well? What all do I need to accomplish this (flexlines, brackets, fittings etc.)
      I did kinda get some pricing from one vendor but nothing was mentioned about lines, master fittings etc.
      I assume if I do need a new master it will bolt up to my booster?

I want a complete bolt on kit. Here are the part numbers I received from one vendor:

40-7675-d-12" drilled , blk calipers this will be a complete kit with all mounting hardware needed to bolt to your spindals

140-7149-d-12" drilled,blk calipers,with p brake for gm 10/12 bolt rear standard shock mount and this kit is a 100% bolt on kit for your rearend.

Again, if your a vendor, I am looking for a complete setup. I ordered one from Hotrodsusa 2 years ago and it was complete as can be.

Thanks, Erik Beckett

That would be us. No one has our Total Car G Machine Package and no one can put this package together at this price

http://www.protouringsuperstore.com/...gy%20tcsbp.htm

We also have a exculsive You bend It Line Kit complete with line, fittings, Bending pliers as there is no pre bent kit for these kits............yet

Also, got your email about transmission selection. I am not selling transmission packages but you are welcome to call and discuss the virtues of each choice.

BTW, that 140-7149-d is the wrong part number for your 68 Camaro

Thanks for the quick response Frank!! I am excited about this car! That kit you emailed me includes the master and booster.
      The car already has show quality master/booster on it, or do I need a different master since I am going from disc/drum to disc/disc?
      I just really do not want to buy stuff I really don't need. I still a tranny for the car and eventually more HP!!!

Thanks, Erik

Thats the part number on Wilwoods website or is the offset wrong?

Thanks, Erik

You need the stagger shock kit, 140-9315-D. The booster is not included with our kit, is a option. Master is included but can be deleted on a phone order but not through the store. You do not HAVE TO change the master, you could proportion it out, but since your getting a new one anyway with our kit.... there is more to it, there also maybe be a valve under your passenger seat in the rear line, that needs to go bye bye.

Well, I already have my Fedex numbers for tracking these and they are due to be delivered today. I assume you would be wrong on this transaction about Frank and Prodigy Customs. We'll see what shows up!

Also, Alongfortheride, I suggest next time, you just send somebody a PM instead of comments in the open forum. Its a good way to start alot of BS that doesn't need to happen. I will keep you posted!!!

Thanks, Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Alongfortheride View Post
      Do not buy from frank He talks a good game and will not deliver for months. BEWARE
      Says a guy with two posts and no reason to be taken seriously. I doubt Frank would have been around this site for a decade and in business longer if he was intentionally screwing people over. Every vendor has an order get messed up. It's a fact of life and they shouldn't be put out of business for a flub.
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

Quote Originally Posted by Alongfortheride View Post
      Do not buy from frank He talks a good game and will not deliver for months. BEWARE
      Get Out.
      Matt

Thanks guys. I pmed him to find out who he is and his grief. We have broken some eggs in our day so maybe he will talk to me.

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com