Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Sealing up fuel pump mount???

Ok I'm having a fuel cell made for me. Will be using an internal fuel pump. I have a mount setup I purchased from Tanks Inc that has an outlet, vent, and a return built in. I don't want to use them because they are small. I will use a -10 return and a -6 vent in the top of the fuel cell. After I trim the tubes used for the vent and return what would be the best thing to seal the tubes with?? Epoxy or maybe JB Weld packed into the tubes ???

67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

how about bulkhead AN fittings with a close-tolerance hole and o-rings for sealing? Or, weld an AN union or bulkhead fitting onto the tank, and run a hardline from that to your pump. Alternatively, you could make a small plate with welded fittings, and bolt it to the tank with a gasketed surface, using a fuel-resistant gasket material (viton?).

maybe have the fittings welded or brazed shut (depending on material)?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com