Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Costera View Post
      Any luck finding the lat model BMW seats?
      yes, actually.

I picked up a pair of seats from a 2002 325 this past weekend. They are tan, but for $250 for the pair with no rips, tears, abrasions, etc , I decided that I'd try my hand at re-coloring them.

So for $300 all in, I've got fully functioning seats that still allow rear seat access and rear seat use. I do need to modify my floor plan to support the length of the seat tracks, but i knew that going in.

The coolest parts about these seats?

1. the power adjustable headrest.

2. If you don't care about the memory function on the seats, 2 wire hookup!
      -Dave

Project George - '66 Ford Galaxie 500 fastback

Working on interior, body and paint now.
      Forged 306/C4. Collecting turbo parts for TT setup.

I have tons of 65/66 galaxie parts collected. If you need something, just ask! my wife will thank you.

Did you ever get these installed? Mine from a convertible just came in yesterday and I came across this while looking for wiring info. Thanks
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

yes i did.

IIRC All you need to get the power working is power to the brown wire and ground to the black. I can check a little later today for you.

I have them spliced apart again, as I'm getting ready to rewire my entire car.

I did not put any effort into the memory functions. didnt really care.
      -Dave

Project George - '66 Ford Galaxie 500 fastback

Working on interior, body and paint now.
      Forged 306/C4. Collecting turbo parts for TT setup.

I have tons of 65/66 galaxie parts collected. If you need something, just ask! my wife will thank you.

The way I fixed this problem was to mount a 4-pt roll bar (not cage!) in my '66 Mustang, then use the vertical support in the roll bar as the attachment point for a 3-pt seat belt. I didn't put in a harness bar, and thus am not running multi-point race belts. I then sourced a set of aftermarket belts intended for a later-model vintage Mustang, and voila! 3-point, safely-attached belts. Has worked well ever since, and does not significantly affect the use of my rear seats. Don't have any pictures for you, sorry!

For anyone interested, a client recently had me install the Retro Belt system in a 65 Mustang. It's awkward and doesn't seem safe as a shoulder support to me but that's what he insisted on. My opinion is I wouldn't suggest using them unless it was the only option.

I have 5 point racing belts mounted to the roll cage cross bar in my wagon. They're plenty safe but a pain in the tail form a daily driver view point. I don't really car that much so for now they'll stay.

I've ridden in a car with the Corbeau belts and they were very nice, functional, and easy to deal with. My son's daily driver will be getting those.
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Those retractable Corbeau 3 points look amazing. I wish I wouldve come across them before I bought my Retrobelts.

But that retractor looks like a head knocker.
      Project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ouring-Project
      IG - @tc_chevelle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com