Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 53 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      I like your way of thinking Ron, the rule book was the first victim of the sawzall, then the sheetmetal, lol! Your fab work is as beautiful as the functionality. I'm available to help you see the vision on paper if'n you wanted to. Keep it coming!

I've never tried to put my visions on paper,it would difficult to explain to someone whats going on up there ,and probably hard to put down on paper.

I did have my brother photoshop an AMX picture with the additional wheelbase though, you can barely notice the changes.

Ron Schwarz

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I've never tried to put my visions on paper,it would difficult to explain to someone whats going on up there ,and probably hard to put down on paper.

I did have my brother photoshop an AMX picture with the additional wheelbase though, you can barely notice the changes.

You're right, can't really tell that the wheelbase has been stretched. FYI - I've got one of those in the garage (Big Bad Green '69) w/390 and a 4 sp... Sure wish I lived closer; I'd take that trunk floor off your hands.

Looks like it will be wicked when done. Wish you had kept it AMC powered, but you can't win 'em all.

Scott
      Check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck rescues and rebuilds! THE BULLETPROOF GARAGE!!! - YouTube

I do have access to a 401, but I just love the weight savings to HP ratio of the LS engines.
      Ron Schwarz

My kind of eye candy. Seals look like a good way to go. I think I may like Colemans hubs better. More single purpose. Only one set of stud holes in the drive plate. May just be opinion and not matter. Like that torque arm. Do they have a safety loop available that works with the Fbody setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      My kind of eye candy. Seals look like a good way to go. I think I may like Colemans hubs better. More single purpose. Only one set of stud holes in the drive plate. May just be opinion and not matter. Like that torque arm. Do they have a safety loop available that works with the Fbody setup?
      Yeah, you can get a driveshaft loop. The nice part about those snouts, they are interchangeable with Coleman, so I could put either hub driveplate assembly on my housing. I liked the thickness of the Moser hub vs. the Coleman, but really don't like the 5/8 holes in the drive plate with 1/2 studs. I'm going to machine some filler rings to take up the difference, but it is kind of a PITA.
      Ron Schwarz

Ron, I sure wish I would have known you were going that route on floater setup... I would have made you a real good deal on my same setup... Prior to getting it welded into my rearend housing, I decided to upgrade to the GMR floater kit. I will have the Moser dual pattern hub assembly available for cheap... I was told that Coleman actually makes these floater setups for Moser. That's why their driveplates fit. In addition, they say one of the weak links of that system is the "lightened" area carved out around the axle splined area of the driveplates. If you ever have a problem of breaking or stripping out a driveplate, Coleman makes a driveplate that fits this setup that has a "Solid" diameter center area that's not been lightened and it is also drilled for 1/2" studs instead of 5/8" studs. I saw them the other day at a speed shop that caters to the circle track racing guys. The only deal was they were $140 a piece!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

Very Cool!!! You should put a Nascar motor in it!!
      Vinnie Allegretta
      A Winner Never Quits...A Quitter Never Wins
      www.fquick.com/vinz68

This is going to be a project I look forward to seeing. Not many AMX's out there that will be like this. Enjoyed reading the build of the mustang and this will be one to follow till finish. Can't wait to see the finished product!

I do have access to a 401, but I just love the weight savings to HP ratio of the LS engines.
      ... if you've got lots of spare cash and you want light weight AMC power, could go with an all aluminum 512 cu in AMC engine from Indy Cylinder Head ... definitely unique compared to everyones-got-one LS. Quicktime makes a bell that bolts an LS T56 to AMC, so trans would work.

A bit disappointed seeing a nearly rust free AMX chopped up, but the proportions actually look a bit better with the 7" stretch.
      Duane
      '74 AMC Javelin AMX

Quote Originally Posted by AMC Racer View Post
      ... if you've got lots of spare cash and you want light weight AMC power, could go with an all aluminum 512 cu in AMC engine from Indy Cylinder Head ... definitely unique compared to everyones-got-one LS. Quicktime makes a bell that bolts an LS T56 to AMC, so trans would work.

A bit disappointed seeing a nearly rust free AMX chopped up, but the proportions actually look a bit better with the 7" stretch.

I looked at the Indy stuff, 20+K is way too many guckets for a power plant. I don't think I'll have half of that in the whole car.

Got the torque arm on the 60 center, will measure and cut the tubes and get the rear in the chassis,and the chassis under the car.

Ron Schwarz

Cool ideas, and great fab skills..........and nearly 1,600 views in three days!!
      You should sell advertising in your thread!
      Dan
      1971 Chevelle Maliboo Convertible 496/4L80E
      1956 210 2 door Sedan 8-71 blown 468/T400

Country Flag: Canada
      Got the torque arm on the 60 center, will measure and cut the tubes and get the rear in the chassis,and the chassis under the car.
      Just the thought of dropping that on a foot is enough to bring a tear to my eye. I just screams "CAST ME IN ALUMINUM" LOL.

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

I thought the muttstang was bad ass, but this thing is going to be killer! I am definitely watching this build. Great job so far Ron.

Yeah, you can get a driveshaft loop. The nice part about those snouts, they are interchangeable with Coleman, so I could put either hub driveplate assembly on my housing. I liked the thickness of the Moser hub vs. the Coleman, but really don't like the 5/8 holes in the drive plate with 1/2 studs. I'm going to machine some filler rings to take up the difference, but it is kind of a PITA.
      Would you be willing to make up another set of filler rings? I am in the same boat with my Javelin, but I am using the 5 on 5 moser gn hubs that originally came with 5/8" studs, but I pressed in 1/2" studs instead.

Thanks,
      Jon

Payton King and I were talking about this today, we figured the best way to correct this would be to take the other set of holes in the dual bolt pattern hub, and install two hardend 5/8" pins in two of the extra holes, tig them from behind. We figure it would be a much tighter fit, and less likely to shear. Just seemed like the rings would be a pain, and easy to loose.
      Ron Schwarz

Just send back the Moser drive plates and replace them with Colemans. Problem solved without all the welding and drilling. I really think the Coleman plates have some other advantages as well.Wait.Go back one sentence. The one about welding and drilling. For a minute there I forgot I was talking to Ron S. You are not gonna take the easy way are you. Later Gator.
      Payton King and I were talking about this today, we figured the best way to correct this would be to take the other set of holes in the dual bolt pattern hub, and install two hardend 5/8" pins in two of the extra holes, tig them from behind. We figure it would be a much tighter fit, and less likely to shear. Just seemed like the rings would be a pain, and easy to loose.

Ron, Remind me next time we talk to tell you about the Miller welding equipment I picked up at auction. Got a deal on a couple of Syncrowave 250s and an XMT 306 CC/CV. Plus a few other pieces. Need a little advice on what to keep for my tig set up. later

Ron, it sucks that I have to get on here to see whats happening with the car....lol. I remember when I had all the time for cars and you had none...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy468 View Post
      Ron, it sucks that I have to get on here to see whats happening with the car....lol. I remember when I had all the time for cars and you had none...lol.

Yeah life is funny, hate to sound like a chick, but I kinda miss you coming around. You see the pics of Santa?
      Ron Schwarz

Yes shempaclause...lol

Ron

Love the Mustang! Can't wait to see what you end up with here. Wish I had half the talent you do when it comes to fabrication. This thing is going to be KILLER!
      Chris Jacobs

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 53 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com