Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States

Well son of a $%^%$&^*&*&^(^&*#^@$^@%^&#%^*^&(&*(&*)(&**&^(&^!!! !!

AND ^$%&*&(*^&($*^&($*^&*)&*)$%!#@%^@^&(&)^%$#@%@%@$#% @$%^#^!!!!

So I start thinking of rounding up parts for a big brake swap on front of my Monza, as I have access too 3 wrecked Corvettes either one C5 and two C6 or two and one and owner only wanys my input for transplanting engines/wiring, I may even get to keep set of seats and some other parts to possibly swap into my Monza.
      And he may buy the lab scope I have so it helps me and he has tool to use for working on newer cars.
      WELL come to find out I cannot get a Kore 3 adapter for my S10 spindles (same as G body as they are the cast versions.
      So what do I do now? Find a set of second gen S10 spindles and figure out the Corvette up grade to those (would use same ball joint adapters)?
      Or is there a forged alternative to Gbody spindles that can use Kore 3 brackets, or am I fabbing all the stuff on my own now?
      Lee Abel

Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Hmm..

Yeah the newer S10 stuff is they way I am going as I have after hearing of Gbody/s10 spindle issues and the fact they are weaker lend me to doing the up grades AND Samckitt has a set if I can get them back to Indiana cheap enough. Being in Virginia might be a tad expensive to ship.
      the third is my dream but so far I cant get lucky enough to find a set in a garage sale box ,,,yet,,,haha.
      And someone does make adapter plates for ZQ8 spindles just gotta find them,, if not Ill make them. but since I havent got Corvette parts YET!
      I do see why Tobin at Kore 3 wont sell mods to G body spindles and I researched bent steering arm issues too, so I guess Ill see what Sam is gonna do.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Hmmm..

Lee, we have brackets for the 1998-2005 S-Blazer knuckles...just not on the website yet. They work with the Belltech #2102 drop spindles as well FWIW.

Tobin
      KORE3
      It's what I does.

?Spindles Savers?
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

2018 Cruze LT Hatchback
      2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
      1975 MGB Roadster
      2003 GSX750F Katana

Ah!
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

Quote Originally Posted by Randy67 View Post
      It's a band-aid for a weak steering arm...but band-aid or not, they do what they're supposed to and reinforce the steering arms. Most of the racers I've seen make their own and they're much beefier than the Speedway versions.

While the bent arms are the primary reason we don't offer kits for the G-body spindle, it's actually more involved than that. To effectively secure a caliper mounting bracket to any spindle similar to the G-body/S-truck spindle, we would normally drill & tap two of the dust shield mounting holes for larger fasteners to mount the caliper adapter bracket. This spindle has an undersized and irregularly shaped upper mounting boss that is less than conducive for a sufficiently sized fastener, such that the contact stresses between the bracket and spindle exceed the yield strengths of both which can lead to localized failure and loosening of the fastened joint. The solution would be to machine a mounting pad in a milling machine which is beyond most garage mechanic's abilities which would then suggest that it be a core process, much like Baer did for years.

The issue with any sort of core program is the quality of the cores. If the arms are bent on the vast majority of the spindles, then that makes things very difficult on everybody. New spindles would be an option, but the OE replacements currently offered by Dorman have all the same issues as the stock ones and cost an arm and a leg. With improved aftermarket spindle options like the ATS AFX, the demand for such a product has been somewhat damped.

Tobin
      KORE3
      It's what I does.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com