Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Country Flag: United States
      I got a set for cheap and figured it was either that or making the master cyl rod adjustable. I will say I'm not completely thrilled with the rod angle now but think I'll be okay. I also took one of the 3rd gen pedal braces and added it so there is zero firewall flex now. I'll hang onto the 3rd gens though incase I decide to switch back.
      Ed Cooney
      '96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, LT1/4L60, full bolt-ons & Solomon's tune, 18" Ridler wheels, lowered with Belltech springs

‘70 Buick Skylark Convertible project w/ GN drivetrain

'91 Formula, pending track day build

So the third gen pedal causes problems with the T-56 master cyl?
      1971 Camaro 427 in waiting
      1988 C1500 Daily Driver
      1955 Bel Air, blown BBC street car

Mixed reviews, mainly that the release is really high on the pedal so it's kind of awkward and some have had issues with the 3rd gens over extending and blowing out the cylinders (I think that was it). I guess it ultimately comes down to preferenece...
      Ed Cooney
      '96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, LT1/4L60, full bolt-ons & Solomon's tune, 18" Ridler wheels, lowered with Belltech springs

Progress Meets Disaster...

Been a good long while since I've last updated my thread. Car ran, we fired it up over the holidays minus the supercharger. My wiring issue turned out to be 2 sets of connectors beside each other on engine harness were crossed. Switched them and car fired right up. Aside from being fat b/c of the larger injectors, it ran okay, wicked idle and very loud. Had a healthy intake leak on back side though so had to pull intake and reseal. During this process I opted to sell the Paxton so I've sold that and related parts and back to 30# injectors. This past Sunday we fired it up again and it was running for a minute or so when suddenly there was a loud clank and engine stopped. Tried starting again and starter just kicked out. Tried turning over by hand but it wouldn't budge, turned it over the other way and the engine spins freely 360 degrees until starting point when rotating assembly hits something and spins freely back around again. Sounds like it's down low so we're going to have to pull it back out and see. There was no unusual noise leading up to it stopping, solid oil pressure, etc. Cooling system still full, no dents in oil pan, oil looks ok, valve train all appears operational and there is no noise of parts dragging when turning over by hand. Hoping it isn’t something catastrophic but obviously there’s an obstruction in there of some sort keeping the rotating assembly from spinning past that point.
      So my brother is coming over tonight and we're going to drop trans out and get stuff ready to pull engine out. Trans has to come out at some point anyway b/c of a small fluid leak at midplate so this will allow me to fix that and I'm also sending out tailshaft to have it machined for mechanical speedo cable.

On a positive note, gauges are all in and hooked up, battery now properly installed with BMR Relocation Kit and I picked up a F.A.S.T. Classic with harness. Haven't installed the FAST yet, wanted to get it drivable first...now I need to get it running again! Nothing like progress coming to a screeching halt!
      Name:  interior & gauges.JPG
Views: 817
Size:  123.2 KB
      Ed Cooney

Nice project. You saved a lot of time and worry by purchasing a car with so many of the right mods.
      It might be worth considering selling the Paxton and purchasing a Procharger D1SC.

The Paxton has a sharp 180 degrees bend at the blower outlet and other at the blower inlet. These two things together greatly reduce the efficiency of the unit.

The Procharger D1SC will sit on the drivers side of the block with a much wider 180 degree 3 or 4" mandrel bent tube down to the intercooler and have an filter direclty on the intake. The heat from the header will loose less power (plus your intercooled) than a tight 180 degree bend.

Also if you can use Fel Pro S3 steel core intake gaskets as these move less under boost and so will advoid future oil/water issues.

Good luck.

David

Subscribed.

Country Flag: Canada
      What's happening with the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
      What's happening with the car?
      oh, wow, didn't realize I never closed out this thread...I ended up parting it out and sold shell to a friend of my brother who is building it into a drag radial car.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-and-much-more!

Have a '91 firebird convertible now, only 51k miles, that I transferred trans, suspension, brakes, etc over to.

Ed Cooney

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com