Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

New pictures of MCI's Gen 2 console in a 70 Camaro

Bill's Auto Renewal 70 Camaro. New MCI gen 2 console installation. www.modernclassicsinteriors.com

Name:  imagejpeg_2_3.jpg
Views: 1542
Size:  32.1 KB

Do you have a higher res picture? The quality on this one is awful. Can't really tell if the console is painted, covered, etc. I'd like to see a good quality pic. That is one thing that is holding me back from a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor1969 View Post
      Do you have a higher res picture? The quality on this one is awful. Can't really tell if the console is painted, covered, etc. I'd like to see a good quality pic. That is one thing that is holding me back from a purchase.
      This console is painted with satin red and black, it gives the same shine as the vinyl, so it may apear to be covered.

Country Flag: Australia
      I received my console from MCI last month and the quality is outstanding! It was packed very well and made it to Australia in perfect unharmed condition. I just now need to set the trim lines, do a mock install and get it covered..
      Lyndsay

Go Hard or Go Home

Quote Originally Posted by westoz View Post
      I received my console from MCI last month and the quality is outstanding! It was packed very well and made it to Australia in perfect unharmed condition. I just now need to set the trim lines, do a mock install and get it covered..
      How much was the shipping?
      " If it doesn't have a MOTOR, it's not a SPORT."

Dajen.

Quote Originally Posted by kawaden View Post
      I am not sure how much Lyndsay paid to ship it from the US to Australia, we covered the cost to the exporter here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by MCI View Post
      This console is painted with satin red and black, it gives the same shine as the vinyl, so it may apear to be covered.
      Wow Mike......I never would have guessed that. Even with that blurry picture. That opens many possibilities for being creative.

Does the gel coat just need to be scuffed before paint? or would primer be needed as well?

Quote Originally Posted by protour73 View Post
      Wow Mike......I never would have guessed that. Even with that blurry picture. That opens many possibilities for being creative.

Does the gel coat just need to be scuffed before paint? or would primer be needed as well?
      I would suggest at least a primer sealer so it lays down smooth and even. Bill's Auto Renewal painted the one on the picture.

Mike, PM waiting for you

Hi,
      I'm in Sydney, I have an importing agent that sea ships ex Long Beach in California to Sydney....pretty good value. PM me if you need details.
      I get a lot of stuff shipping internally in the US to Long Beach, then via container to pick up in Sydney.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Thanks Leigh, I'll keep that in mind.

Dajen.

PM sent.

Thanks Leigh, I'll keep that in mind.
      Lyndsay

Go Hard or Go Home

Quote Originally Posted by westoz View Post
      PM sent.
      Got it, thanks mate.

Dajen.

This is proof that dreams DO come true!! The console is beautiful and tons of options for the user (depending on their creative skills) Will be buying one. any idea on lead time for the continental US?

73 Camaro
      Gene

Quote Originally Posted by newmexicosaint View Post
      This is proof that dreams DO come true!! The console is beautiful and tons of options for the user (depending on their creative skills) Will be buying one. any idea on lead time for the continental US?
      Thank you! We can have one ready in about 5 to 7 days depending on how many we
      have on the production list when the order is received.

I have a gen II camaro console from MCI I do not need.. brand new - never installed in a car. perfect condition.
      has the cut out shift plate and optional cover.
      I think they get $350 for them (?)- I will take $300 for this one - buyer pays shipping.
      I can send photos on reqest- [email protected] or call me @ 904-635-1630. (jax, fl)
      Thanks ~ JoLT
      Last edited by jolt; 06-12-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: price change and item revision

New Fitment pics

I've been helping Mike out by doing a little R&D on this great console http://www.modernclassicsinteriors.c..._Stiletto.html

I made some modifications and gave some change suggestions, Mike made the changes and sent the console back last week. This thing fits spot on PERFECT now!!!

I'll adding some bracket locations to secure the console to the dash in the front. On my particular car ('73) the seats (CipherAuto) really hug the middle of the console, so the attachments at the dash should be all I really need for it to be a really solid fit. Those with stock seats or seats that are a bit more narrow, a bracket may have to be added to the rear of the console. This will vary from car to car.

I also made the cut for placement of the shifter in a manual trans car .... 4, 5 or 6 speed. The front face of the console should be big enough for a double DIN head unit. The console will go back to Mike on Monday and then Mike will make the final mold. I will be getting the finished product with all of the bells and whistles available....Neoprene lined glovebox, cell phone pocket and 2 cupholders. Yea, finally some cupholders in a 2nd Gen Camaro!! I will post up some pics when I get the new one in the car.

Here's what it looks like now......

Very nice....suits the car very well.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Price reduction on the new stilleto II I have for sale... $250 I will pay shipping. These really are great pieces.. if you have not seen them you would be impressed with the quality ! Mike does a great job on these...glad to send pics if needed. Thnx~ JoLT

working on a 73 now.. do you have a pic of the seats in your 73 you can post ? also- who makes the carbon door panels ?
      Looks great ~ thnx- JoLT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com