Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Get Started Racing School

What an event this was! I went expecting some autocross drills and some brief, simple classroom instruction and maybe a hotdog for lunch. But what we got was a hundred times better. We had probably 4 hrs total classroom with Kyle Tucker teaching with digital projection and a nice bound illustration with a wealth of information on tire and suspension dynamics that we could take home. And approximately 12 hrs autocross. Every run was with either Kyle, Stacy, Danny Popp, or Brian (sorry I never heard his last name, but he was great) in the car teaching us how to address cones and improve our driving skills. We did the skid pad first ( driving in a circle) and then 4 different autocross layouts. The last runs on Sunday were timed and recorded on a form and given to us.
      Big Bill Howell was there to help keep us moving through the autocross. Robert McGaffin was there shooting the action. They even had Chad Reynolds on the PA keeping us entertained. We got more information and had more fun than the law will allow! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.The food was awesome, I'm talking eggs, sausage, bacon, bisquits, juice(the works) for breakfast, and for lunch they had Hamburgers, grilled chicken, BBQ pork and chicken(the works). We ate like kings. I guess what I'm trying to say is, with DSE and JET HOT involved, I should have known it would be world class. We spent the weekend with the best caliper of people there is.
      So if you like to autocross, and think you could use some improvement, or you just want to hang out with some great people and have a ton of fun, don't miss the next one! They are planning to do more. This is a must do event
      I want to thank Kyle and Stacy Tucker of DSE, and Cheryl Herrick and Gordon and Tim McGilton of JET HOT, and all there employees and all the instructors, and everybody else that helped to make this event happen, and for letting me be part of it. Oh yeah, we even got a framed certificate with our names on it! I'm stoked!

Bobby Jones
      68 Z/28
      72 Camaro RS SS PT
      73 Camaro RS project

I'm still excited about this event. It was the perfect car guy weekend. I feel like me and my machine are one. Got to hang out with some good friends and meet some new ones. We did go-carts Saturday night, that was fun. The weather was perfect. This was an experience I will never forget. Thanks again to all that made it happen!
      Bobby Jones
      68 Z/28
      72 Camaro RS SS PT
      73 Camaro RS project

I truly hate I missed this opportunity. Lord knows I need the help on the AutoX. But you picked a weekend that I was committed to doing something for the wife, and my wife asks very little of me. Please plan a future event of this type and count me in.
      Mike Holleman

Was this the even that was at Virginia Motorsports Complex (cant remember the name exact, that sticks in my mine)? Sounds like fun, I wanted to go, but no car ready.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post
      Was this the even that was at Virginia Motorsports Complex (cant remember the name exact, that sticks in my mine)? Sounds like fun, I wanted to go, but no car ready.
      You can bring any car you want, it doesn't have to be pro-touring it just has to pass tech. We had everything from a Toyota MR2 to a Ferrari there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      I truly hate I missed this opportunity. Lord knows I need the help on the AutoX. But you picked a weekend that I was committed to doing something for the wife, and my wife asks very little of me. Please plan a future event of this type and count me in.
      Mike Holleman
      We missed having you but I understand keeping domestic tranquility. We are planning more events in the future possibly in the early spring.

Quote Originally Posted by surnufz View Post
      What an event this was! I went expecting some autocross drills and some brief, simple classroom instruction and maybe a hotdog for lunch. But what we got was a hundred times better. We had probably 4 hrs total classroom with Kyle Tucker teaching with digital projection and a nice bound illustration with a wealth of information on tire and suspension dynamics that we could take home. And approximately 12 hrs autocross. Every run was with either Kyle, Stacy, Danny Popp, or Brian (sorry I never heard his last name, but he was great) in the car teaching us how to address cones and improve our driving skills. We did the skid pad first ( driving in a circle) and then 4 different autocross layouts. The last runs on Sunday were timed and recorded on a form and given to us.
      Big Bill Howell was there to help keep us moving through the autocross. Robert McGaffin was there shooting the action. They even had Chad Reynolds on the PA keeping us entertained. We got more information and had more fun than the law will allow! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.The food was awesome, I'm talking eggs, sausage, bacon, bisquits, juice(the works) for breakfast, and for lunch they had Hamburgers, grilled chicken, BBQ pork and chicken(the works). We ate like kings. I guess what I'm trying to say is, with DSE and JET HOT involved, I should have known it would be world class. We spent the weekend with the best caliper of people there is.
      So if you like to autocross, and think you could use some improvement, or you just want to hang out with some great people and have a ton of fun, don't miss the next one! They are planning to do more. This is a must do event
      I want to thank Kyle and Stacy Tucker of DSE, and Cheryl Herrick and Gordon and Tim McGilton of JET HOT, and all there employees and all the instructors, and everybody else that helped to make this event happen, and for letting me be part of it. Oh yeah, we even got a framed certificate with our names on it! I'm stoked!
      We're glad you enjoyed it, we sure enjoyed having you and everyone else there.

Hello all, I had a blast. I had more fun than a donkey with a beach ball!

I was one of the instructor guys that had the privilege of helping out.

too. much. fun.

Brian

Sounds like a winner Tim. I'll be looking forward to it.
      Mike

Tim,
      I'm all for one in the spring, Wish I could of made this one but, had other things going this weekend.

Scott
      Romszewicz Motorsports

That sounds great. I cant wait to get one of these events in my area.
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by shortbus View Post
      Hello all, I had a blast. I had more fun than a donkey with a beach ball!

I was one of the instructor guys that had the privilege of helping out.

too. much. fun.

Brian
      By far the best $200 I have ever spent....well, there was also that time....never mind :-) Seriously, this school was nothing short of awesome. The instructors were extremely patient and really spent time ensuring you understood what they were saying and then backed it up with practical application so you could see/feel the difference and improvement. The best part was having 4 instructors, you learned different things from all of them. I definitely feel more confident attacking the cones and have much more control of the car. Thanks to DSE and all the folks at Jet Hot that supported this great event!!

Brian, it was a hoot meeting you and learning the "punch to the back of the head dating tricks" ha ha. I will send you the name of a good counselor

P.S, Don't let Danny Pop or Kyle Tucker take your car around the track unless your done using the set of tires on the car....that's all I'm saying. Ha ha

THANKS FOR A GREAT WEEKEND!!

R/
      Jeff Cleary
      67 LS7 Corvette
      70 Nova "Thug"
      67 LS7 Corvette Sold :-(
      65 LS7 Corvette Coupe (next project)
      64 Malibu SS
      69 Z/28 Camaro
      2007 Z06

Great meeting all of the new faces, and a pleasure to hang out with existing friends. School was awesome and DSE and Jet-Hot did a great job job with the planning and implementation of this event. It was a distinct pleasure just being involved with this.

Very rewarding from an instructors point of view to work with the students and see the lightbulbs go "on" and improvements being made. Times were dropping like a carpenters hammer during a strike, everyone made huge progress in negotiating the tight highly technical autocross courses. That's what makes it worth while for me personally.....

Looking forward to the next school, I bet it will be even better...we learned alot ourselves !!
      Last edited by RAFTRACER; 10-18-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Hi All:
      We are all very happy that everyone learned a lot and had FUN. That was the aim of this school. A big THANK YOU to all of the participants. You made the school a great event! We are looking forward to our next one... Stay tuned.

Cheryl

Maybe you guys could do another one in the spring?
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Quote Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
      You can bring any car you want, it doesn't have to be pro-touring it just has to pass tech. We had everything from a Toyota MR2 to a Ferrari there.

We missed having you but I understand keeping domestic tranquility. We are planning more events in the future possibly in the early spring.
      Count me in, I hope to have my Camaro up and running in a couple months. Sounds like a blast.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com