Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Great time at "Get Started Racing"

Just got back from the inaugural "Get Started Racing" event at VIR. If you missed the opportunity, you missed a great weekend packed with invaluable autocross instruction, fine cars, nice weather, good food and most of all great people. The school was hosted by Detroit Speed & Jet-Hot High Performance Coatings. These folks know how to do things right. Well worth the money and time.

I am not a "newbe" to the sport of autocross but more of a novice. I have participated in about 8 to 10 events. Like some of you I have a blast at the events but sometimes I'm not sure what I'm doing out there other than trying to get from point A to B without killing to many cones.

After attending this school I have a much better working knowledge base of what I should be doing on the course and when I should be doing it. Now I can start working on my time. I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did. Thanks
      Bennie D
      1967 Camaro

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by BD67 View Post
      Just got back from the inaugural "Get Started Racing" event at VIR. If you missed the opportunity, you missed a great weekend packed with invaluable autocross instruction, fine cars, nice weather, good food and most of all great people. The school was hosted by Detroit Speed & Jet-Hot High Performance Coatings. These folks know how to do things right. Well worth the money and time.

I am not a "newbe" to the sport of autocross but more of a novice. I have participated in about 8 to 10 events. Like some of you I have a blast at the events but sometimes I'm not sure what I'm doing out there other than trying to get from point A to B without killing to many cones.

After attending this school I have a much better working knowledge base of what I should be doing on the course and when I should be doing it. Now I can start working on my time. I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did. Thanks
      Bennie we're glad you learned a lot, that's what this event was all about, we really wanted to remove the competition part of it and concentrate on learning how to drive the course properly.

Bennie,
      We are very happy you had a good time and learned a lot, we did too. Thank you for participating!

Cheryl

I just returned from RTTH8 and was forunate to get in the "Get Started Racing" class. The instruction was GREAT, The techniques and pointers helped improve my times and I believe save some wear on my Tires!
      I plan on participating again if given the chance.
      Thank you JetHot and DSE
      Mike South
      1968 Camaro SS/RS LS1/T56
      Ride Tech Tru Turn, Ride Tech T/Q Coil-overs
      Ride Tech 4-link

Is there a schedule of upcoming "Get Started Racing" events?

Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com