Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

TVS 1900 / LS3 makes NO POWER!!

Hi everyone, have one of those "Perpetual Projects" that always seems a week away but never gets completed. While the history of this build is fraught with delays, missing items, dis-interested customer service reps, incompetent dealership "Master Techs" and weather, it all boils down to this.. I have an L92 with the VVT removed and replaced with a Comp blower cam. I don't have the specs with me, can get them if it makes a big difference. Patriot dual-springs, long tube headers and a TVS 1900 are the rest of the engine combo. Trans is a 4L80E, rear is 3:73 with 265/75/16 rubber. It is a 4WD vehicle, running on the dyno (2wd) it only made 316 HP / 342 LB FT. Boost comes right up to 6, occasionally to 7. But it feels slower than with the last engine. There's no urgency, no snap, just a mild pull in the upper register. Magnacharger says its the tune, tuner thinks its a mech problem. Compression is good, varies from 175 to 210, with 210 being the anomaly. All the other cyls are 175, 179, 185, 180, etc. Pretty close to each other. How can ANY V8 with 6 pounds on it be such a slug? A bone stock Tahoe with the L92 makes 322 to 377 at the wheels. Anyone had this issue? Suggestions?? Thanks, would be nice to finish this thing. Has been since APRIL! That's 6 (SIX) months of being jerked around.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com