Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I did a couple quick photo chops with those wheels in black on your car and I think that I would go with the M14 for sure. It needs that extra lip I think.

Need Member Feedback On Wheel Choice

I went back to Modulare today to try and finalize my choice. After looking closer at the concave profiles, I decided that I do want to go with a concave profile. They just look awesome. I have two wheels that I have narrowed down to. The first two pics are a 7 spoke with no exposed hardware. The third pic is an 8 spoke that can be built with or without exposed hardware. I always preferred exposed hardware, but both look great without, so I have to choose that as well. I am looking at possibly doing a high luster brushed tinted outer with a gloss black center. I am looking for some other members feedback. Whichever wheel that I choose will have a 2-2.5" front lip, and a 3.5" rear lip.

Name:  2014-09-30 11.54.55.jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  186.9 KB
      Name:  2014-09-30 11.54.43.jpg
Views: 1635
Size:  191.6 KB
      Name:  2014-09-30 11.55.18.jpg
Views: 1591
Size:  168.3 KB
      1973 Hurst Edition Pontiac Grand Am: 430 CI of ERL built LS7, Tremec Magnum T-56 6-speed, Global West / Speedtech Suspension, Custom rear coil-over suspension, QA1 double adjustable shocks, Wilwood 6/4 piston disc brakes, Modulare C1 19" concave wheels. Shooting for 625 HP and 20 MPG!

Not sure if this is the same wheel, but I tried to match it up to the bottom one as close as I could and added the black in. This was just a quick photo chop. If it is not the correct wheel let me know which one it is and I will try again for you if I have time.

Sean,

Does that company offer either of those wheels in a traditional stepped lip design. Maybe it is just me, but I always felt that the flat lip design was a trend that is in decline. Maybe it is just my personal preference, but I prefer a stepped lip. Just my 2 cents.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thank you. Good work on the photo shop Driveit. It does appear to be the same basic 8 spoke design. No reflection on you at all but I don't like the look. Maybe it's me but they look real big like a 22". I've even given a dark charcoal grey a consideration. Andrew, I don't think they offer a step lip, but I will check on that. This decision is hard.
      1973 Hurst Edition Pontiac Grand Am: 430 CI of ERL built LS7, Tremec Magnum T-56 6-speed, Global West / Speedtech Suspension, Custom rear coil-over suspension, QA1 double adjustable shocks, Wilwood 6/4 piston disc brakes, Modulare C1 19" concave wheels. Shooting for 625 HP and 20 MPG!

Quote Originally Posted by Later-A-body View Post
      ...This decision is hard.
      Definitely...wheels are like fashion...LOL

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

No problem. I was just playing around in a paint program to do it, so not professional at all. Just thought I would try it to see if it would give you a better idea. Good luck with the hunt.

Did you ever make any decisions on the wheels for sure?

Made The Wheel Choice. Going with 19's All Around

Yes. I picked the Modulare C1 concave in 19x9.5 and 19x11. It is a seven spoke three piece wheel with hidden hardware. I swapped out the 275/40/18 NT05's for 275/35/19's. I couldn't get away from the fact that I really love the look of the concave wheel compared to the traditional design. Right now I am deciding what color to do the centers in. The lips will be chrome, and I am looking at either gloss black, or a very dark graphite. Not sure yet, but would be open to anyone's opinion on color.
Views: 1507
Views: 1503

That is going to be awesome. I would have to look at the color next to the car to make my decision.

If you get a chance could you check your links. Most of your drop box pics return an error message.

BTW love the build and since you are not that far away I will have a lot of questions for you once I get going on mine.

73-77 A- Body Love.....
      Name:  13_58_59100.JPG
Views: 1399
Size:  33.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Later-A-body View Post
      Yes. I picked the Modulare C1 concave in 19x9.5 and 19x11. It is a seven spoke three piece wheel with hidden hardware. I swapped out the 275/40/18 NT05's for 275/35/19's. I couldn't get away from the fact that I really love the look of the concave wheel compared to the traditional design. Right now I am deciding what color to do the centers in. The lips will be chrome, and I am looking at either gloss black, or a very dark graphite. Not sure yet, but would be open to anyone's opinion on color.
Views: 1507
Views: 1503
      Hey man great build and very nice wheel choice! How does the price for your wheel compare to forgelines??

Quote Originally Posted by AZ's68 View Post
      Hey man great build and very nice wheel choice! How does the price for your wheel compare to forgelines??
      I appreciate your comments on the build. As far as the price is concerned, I was lucky enough to get a discount since I am friends with the owner. But as far as retail to retail compared to Forgeline, I think Modulare is priced more competively than Forgeline. I am very impressed with the selection and quality of the Modulare line. I am hoping to have the wheels and tires on the car by December.

Quote Originally Posted by mikidymac View Post
      If you get a chance could you check your links. Most of your drop box pics return an error message.

BTW love the build and since you are not that far away I will have a lot of questions for you once I get going on mine.

73-77 A- Body Love.....
      Name:  13_58_59100.JPG
Views: 1399
Size:  33.9 KB
      Thanks for bringing the Dropbox problem to my attention. The reason why they don't work is because I realized I had deleted some photos in Dropbox, not realizing the links would be deleted as well. "BRILLIANT"?? Sometimes I amaze myself that I am able to function on a daily basis. I will need to restore those photos this weekend.

I am actually starting to gather parts for my build after 20 years so I am so glad to have your build as a reference for what actually works on these forgotten cars if that is ok with you? I do have a few questions and didn't see them in previous posts.

What oil pan did you go with and how was the fit?
      How did the GM corvette accessory drive kit work out?
      What did you use to replace the factory A/C? I see nobody makes a direct fit kit for these. I want the interior and controls to look OEM.

I already contacted Red Line for the gauges.

As of now the plan is the GM crate LS3/430 with 4L65E, Speed Tech suspension and either Willwood or C5 brakes.

Like I said we come down to your area about once a month so I would live to see your car sometime if you are not weirded out by a creepy internet guy .

Thanks
      1973 Chevelle SS in the family since 73'

The oil pan I used is the MAST Motorsports pan. Fit is perfect. It does not hang down too low, and there is no interference with the steering arms. The Corvette accessory drive has worked out very well, but you will need to get a different A/C bracket to mount higher. I am understanding that Holley now makes a bracket that looks identical to the stock GM brackets. I plan to buy one. A/C won't happen this year, and there are a few different companies to choose, but like you said, nobody has a bolt in kit. I haven't decided what I will do with the A/C controls yet. I plan to leave the factory controls alone, and maybe hide the aftermarket panel? I'm totally fine with you stopping by if it will help you with the project. It might be better after the new year since I am still in the middle of fabbing the trans tunnel and some other last unfinished details. Thanks.

Sean

Thanks Sean,
      I was hoping to use one of the GM pans but they sound hit or miss.

I did just hear back from Classic Auto Air.....

"This is Steve over here at Classic Auto Air. I have a Street Rod Cooler III system that will work great in this situation.
      This unit will allow you to use your original control panel or an aftermarket one. You’re looking at 1399.00 for the kit adapting to your original panel
      Or 1499.00 to go with an aftermarket. Were you wanting a bracket for the compressor as well? Please let me know what you’re thinking?"

Thanks again
      Steve
      877-342-5526 ext 8024

Brian

Pic of my slight concave wheels. Totally different style, but black, with exposed hardware.
      Name:  ATT_1409143768851_IMG_20140826_172312_899_zps91570096.jpg
Views: 1320
Size:  113.0 KB
      Name:  DSC_0267_zps123a5550.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  93.0 KB
      Project High School Sweetheart
      65 Chevelle 300 2dr Sedan = "CURSD65"

New Wheel Finish

I actually picked a wheel finish. I was at the optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge in Las Vegas and saw an E63 Mercedes that had a beautiful finish on the wheels. I got all the information on the color. It called Textured Gunmetal, and it has a raised textured appearence. It is a very dark gunmetal grey with a slight sheen and metallic. The picture is the finish, not the wheel I am running. I am staying with the chrome outers though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/651sl1rn5m...17.09.jpg?dl=0
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/lw64hb5dvy...20.40.jpg?dl=0

Sean, it looks like your drop box is down again.

BTW: look what I cam home to on Friday......
      Name:  LS3.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  119.6 KB

My wife said not to expect any more birthday or Christmas presents for the next 20 years, I can live with that.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast