Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

front spoiler for 69 camaro???

i just put my new spoiler on the front of my 69 camaro and i put the two side braces on, the problem is where does the center brace mount??? i've looked but haven't found the correct location on the rad. support.

Here's a thread about it: https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7867

There's a photo of the brackets about half way down.

You probably saw it in the linked post, but I also left my braces off, I got the recommendation from another site to leave them off. My car is lowered 2" in the front, I havn't hit anything with it yet, and it doesnt bend at speed either. But I was just cautioned that if hit with the braces on, could damage your lower fenders.

Just something to think about.

Tim
      In memory of those gone before us
      In gratitude for those who care

Be advised , if you go over a certain speed ( i wont say) without the braces, you will run over your spoiler and the noise will make you @#$% your self . The guy behind you wont be happy either.

Country Flag: United States
      I left the braces off on my first spoiler. After a 10.90 @ 125 mph pass at the track, it ripped in half and fell off. Some of my buddies retrieved the broken piece and torched it in the pits as some sort of voodoo ritual. No kidding!

Put the braces on, those suckers are FLIMSY. I'd bet they would crack at 100 mph.
      Co-Founder, LS1TECH.com

Forged Wheel Dealer, Contact me for a quote!
      www.DV8Motoring.com

A original stays together, we have pics of mine in the traps bent backwards. But repos are brittle at best.

thanks for the info everybody. i got it mounted yesterday.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com