Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Lightened and Polished 9" Gears - Worth It? Benefits?

Fellas -

Need to order a 9" center section for my Javelin. It's 500 hp at the crank, T10, 9" full floater from Speedway Engineering, Detroit TrueTrac diff, about 3,300#, new nodular case. Mostly track use but some street, too.

I see the NASCAR take-out gears on eBay all the time - polished and lightened. Is there a significant benefit to using these gears? Are they as durable as a regular aftermarket set? Any other considerations?

Thanks

Scott

Check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck rescues and rebuilds! THE BULLETPROOF GARAGE!!! - YouTube

The REM finish on ring and pinions is a great option.. when trying to active maximum performance parts are lightened with the trade off of long term reliability.let me know what ratio your looking for..I can source one for you I work in the same business park as Roush yates parts... I can give you an unbiased inspection before you purchase

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyR View Post
      The REM finish on ring and pinions is a great option.. when trying to active maximum performance parts are lightened with the trade off of long term reliability.let me know what ratio your looking for..I can source one for you I work in the same business park as Roush yates parts... I can give you an unbiased inspection before you purchase
      Appreciate the offer, but the reliability trade-off makes me a bit nervous. I went with a new 3.50 gear, not lightened or polished.

Thanks

Scott
      Check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck rescues and rebuilds! THE BULLETPROOF GARAGE!!! - YouTube

All those use NASCAR parts are one owner low mileage stuff so what's to worry????

Actually I used a LOT of used NASCAR parts when building my 66 GT350 Vintage race car.
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com