Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

The reasons I haven't touched my Camaro yet

Hi all, I have been lurking on here for quite some time since buying my Camaro. So I figured I'd post some pics of the projects that are keeping me away from it.

This is my Camaro, its a good clean fairly rust free base model. I have started to collect parts for it. Ls3, Art Morrison C6 front clip and Tri 4 bar rear, Kore3 Z06 brakes. Soon hope to add some Forgelines to the pile of parts.

Name:  Image013.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  69.3 KB

Name:  Image006.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  58.8 KB

Next is my Holden Gemini, its a similar body shape to the Isuzu Imark and Buick Opels you got over there.
      Its been fitted with a dry sump Nissan Sr20 engine and gear box, Japaneses Isuzu lsd diff. Wilwood front brakes and Simmons wheels.
      The car is pretty much finished, I'm waiting on engineer reports so I can register it.

Name:  coupeoutside.jpg
Views: 1515
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  coupeenginebay.jpg
Views: 1837
Size:  100.5 KB

Name:  coupeinterior.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  88.8 KB

This is a HZ Holden ute, it was dads old work ute that he gave to my brother and myself. He has had it almost from new. We have put an Ls1 and matching auto in it, we'll be keeping it as a tow car. It has been fitted with bigger front discs and soon to be fitted with a disc brake lsd diff.
      We had to take the body off the chassis to fix all the rust. The chassis got a coat of por15, came up good.
      We have the old wheels of my Commodore on it at the moment, they are the wrong offset. So need to get some wider outers or new rims.

Name:  ute.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  57.2 KB

Name:  utecab.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  65.4 KB

Name:  utechassis.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  79.1 KB

Next is my Holden Torana SS Hatch, these were the leading touring car in the late 70's in Australia. They are a fairly small car and had 5 litre v8's.
      I got this one as an unfinished project, basically a bare shell and a some parts. A lot were missing. The hatchback models were only made for a few years so parts aren't easy to find.
      The 1st pic is someone elses car but pretty much how it will look when i have finished, just different wheels.
      I'll be pretty much doing a resto on this as they are quite collectable here.

Name:  or5.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  192.4 KB

Name:  backfromtheblaster1.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  60.3 KB

Name:  trialfitofflares.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  57.8 KB

So as you can see I have a fair bit of work ahead of myself before I get near my Camaro. Hopefully by the end of the year we start pulling it apart.

Country Flag: United States
      I'm digging the Gemini.........I bet that thing hauls a$$ :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Crestronwizard View Post
      I'm digging the Gemini.........I bet that thing hauls a$$ :-)
      Its been set up for track work, so it should. Haven't tested it out yet. More tuning tomorrow.

Country Flag: United States
      Nice collection....
      1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B (Jan 69) LOS Build

Country Flag: Sweden
      Name:  höst opel gatdäck.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  98.1 KB

my kadett c coupé

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com