Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1971 Chevelle SS Clone LS3 swap

I had this thread kind of running in the welcome section and decided to move here. So if you want to see some pics of the car you can check out the welcome section.

I pulled the motor today, installed the '04 Z06 seats and some Morris retractable shoulder harness seat belts too. I have a GMPP crate LS3 coming Tuesday or Wednesday, a TSP cam (225/230), Stainless Works 1-7/8" headers and Stainless Works 3" exhaust. I ordered a built 4L65E from Prodigy Customs and also ordered Ricks vaporworx tank from Prodigy as well which will probably take a while longer. Here some pics of my progress so far.

Name:  IMG_20110821_215547.jpg
Views: 1626
Size:  124.1 KBName:  IMG_20110821_163100.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  76.9 KB

I forgot to mention I pulled the console out too to fix some holes someone drilled into it years ago and will freshen the paint up on it too. I also got a Shiftworks shifter conversion to match the 4L65E pattern with a cool OD indicator :-) I am so excited to finally be doing this project.

sounds like a fun combo ur putting together and those seats look amazing kind looks stock.do u have any pitures of the ride
      hpjunky danny
      1969 camaro project wayne due c4 subframe
      2004 scsb silverado jgpclone forged 370 lq9 tt gt3071 built 4l60e trans 4:10 gears daly driver

Here are some pics of the car:

like the color
      hpjunky danny
      2004 scsb silverado jgpclone forged 370 lq9 tt gt3071 built 4l60e trans 4:10 gears daly driver

I am kind of surprised how at home the Z06 seats look in the car. The vertical pattern on the door panels blends well the the vertical stitching on the Z06 seats. The power seats were an easy two wire hookup too. However, I had to connect 12v(+) to both orange wires in the seats connector to get it to function. And I hooked ground to the black wire with white stripe.

dont u just love it when it goes smoothly
      hpjunky danny

Country Flag: United States
      Cool SS project, big plans for other mods?
      Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
      -John Wayne-

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo78 View Post
      Cool SS project, big plans for other mods?
      Yeah I am planning big brakes, suspension and probably Fikse profil 5 18" wheels. Either Baer 13" track 4 or Wilwoods. Just focusing on driveline first. _

Quote Originally Posted by jgpclone View Post
      dont u just love it when it goes smoothly
      I always expect things to go terribly wrong so when things go smoothly its very surprising.

Glad to see another A Body project. Can't wait to see how it pans out.

Badass man! Loving the seats!
      1969 Pontiac GTO
      -The Nameless project.

0331, USMC, Semper Fi.

Very nice. I've always been partial to blue.

I'm doing a very similar seat installation on my 69 Camaro. Did you modify the tracks at the front? I was thinking about taking off the bracket at the front, as it raises the front of the seat about an inch or so, and I have limited headroom in the Camaro.
      1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Country Flag: Iceland
      Awesome project..... I'm in the same position as you swap Ls3 for 307 in to 71 Chevelle

The C5 Vette seat tracks sit flat on the floor in the back of the seat so your about as low as the seat gets. You might gain a 1/2" by chopping the front down but the
      under thigh bolster wouldn't even touch your leg and it wouldn't lower the back of the seat where is butt is much anyway. I didn't modify the seats at all and I am about
      2" lower than before. I had to make new holes for the back of the seats since the track is longer. It is a great mod and the C5 seats being so thin up top look a lot like
      the original seats shape wise. Oh, the driver seat is power and there is a trick you can do to gain another 3/4" head room by trimming down stop. I used to have a C5
      and I did that to get more headroom. But don't need to on the Chevelle.

I am so excited to be working on the car. Haven't been this excited since I was a kid. I picked up the crate motor today WoooHooo.

Got the LS3 today

The freight company called today that my LS3 was at the freight dock. I went and fetched it. Note the TSP 225/230 cam sitting next to it Name:  IMG_20110823_210356.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  76.6 KB

Thanks, I appreciate the info.
      1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

I got the Shiftworks horseshoe shifter kit today and installed the PRND321 bezel into the console. I also filled holes someone drilled into the sides of the console, repaired some screw holes and repainted it.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I got the Shiftworks horseshoe shifter kit today and installed the PRND321 bezel into the console. I also filled holes someone drilled into the sides of the console , repaired some screw holes and repainted it. Now the shift pattern and detent will match the 4L65E's shift pattern. This weekend I will remove the old TH400, driveshaft, fuel tank the remainder of the exhaust system. While I am waiting on the new transmission I will finish working on the shifter mods and straighten the driver and passenger window glass and fix a rattle in the passenger door. Also want to get the TSP cam and spring kit in the motor while its out of the car.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com