Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Two tone monte carlo suggestions plz

Well.... I'm gonna be paintin my monte satin here soon and I'm not sure if I wanna go str8 black or black with a gold similar to what's on the car now. biggest ? is what orientation of the colors, black on top using the the top of fender body line, black on top follwing the swooping lines on the sides? Same options with gold on top? Any input would be great! All black will be my default choice.
      85 monte, drift project- small block t5 and 8.8
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

We always get rave reviews for this one.

Yea, that's kinda the idea, I sprayed one quarter with the gold. This side was already primered since some kid who is confused about his pigmentation decided there wasn't any reason to turn while backing out of a driveway and crunched the quarter in. Used to be a 9.5 out of 10 car before that, had under 30k original miles at that point. been hit three more times since then, still rust free though.... Annnnyyy way, I don't think I like the gold color. It's kinda skin tone peach, no bueno. Think I'm gonna try a burgandy or dark blue satin, still don't know which way I'ma do it yet.
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

I want those flares BTW. I know they are just modified gnx flares. I will need/want to do something like this.
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

No, not modified GNX flares. Thought that would work, ordered a set, cut one up, no way. Less then 20% of it would work. So built from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms View Post
      No, not modified GNX flares. Thought that would work, ordered a set, cut one up, no way. Less then 20% of it would work. So built from scratch.
      i thought these looked a bit smaller. even cooler now that I know you built from scratch! Did you pop some molds of these bad boys by any chance?
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

I think the darker color always looks better on the top. Your monte has some nice lines to it, so a 2 tone will look good. I would go with the top of the fenders like the car Frank posted. That looks GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Evldoer View Post
      I think the darker color always looks better on the top. Your monte has some nice lines to it, so a 2 tone will look good. I would go with the top of the fenders like the car Frank posted. That looks GOOD!
      99.999% of the time I agree!
      Ever since I put the 1/4 in black primer I've wondered what it would look like two toned that way! I've actually had people compliment me on it for some reason!!! Maybe had that old HEMI stripe look??

88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

How about along the arched line up to the doorhandle with a little scallop like thingy then along the top line at the rear??? I don't like the rear arched line on these cars. It looks good goin forward from the tail light till about the pillar then it looses its arch and just runs diagonal. NO two tone looks good to me when following that! Wonder if anyone has reshaped this or deleted it all together???
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

You could always paint it at the lower body lines like you just mentioned, and see how it looks with the scallop. If that doesnt do it for you, just knock down the paint line and respray it at the upper body line. Thats the beauty of using flat and satin paint. Make sure you post up some pics, I think it will be pretty cool either way!

Quote Originally Posted by Evldoer View Post
      You could always paint it at the lower body lines like you just mentioned, and see how it looks with the scallop. If that doesnt do it for you, just knock down the paint line and respray it at the upper body line. Thats the beauty of using flat and satin paint. Make sure you post up some pics, I think it will be pretty cool either way!
      I already did that! LOL! After work I grabbed a couple different shades from wal mart since the first was a no-go. by the time I got home it was about 12:30 am, sooo with just my phone for light i went at it! Just the door and 1/4 since this was already setup as the test panel. I think it would look good if it were a real paint job, some nice glossy metallics, but I'm not really feelin the gold and black anymore... I'm gonna run with a satin and flat combo using the upper body line. Appreciate your input!!!
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

Just went all satin black, I'm happy with it.
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com