Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Welding Mods to GM A-body Frame

Posted this on another forum as well - I'm in the middle of installing my HPI Customs frame bracing kit on my '70 frame (will post pics tomorrow when I have time to upload them). My question is, my welder buddy is asking if there are other gussets/reinforcing I want him to make while he is cleaning up the frame. Does anyone have any good pics or information on reinforcing they have done where the rear suspension attaches to the frame? That is the one place that looked a little "weak" to me.

Thanks!

Rob

Country Flag: United States

OK well

first of all sandblast and clean around the lower rear welded on control arm bracket where the front lower arms mount,,,and reweld and gusset this area as I had my 71 Monte Carlo break one of these loose. I did get it put back together with my 110 Astro Pneumatic mig welder.
      Boxing the side rails so it becomes like a convertible frame.
      I forget who but one of the guys in the projects section was doing some rebracing of an Abody frame.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Country Flag: United States
      Widow marker is one who has done ALOT of chevelle frame mods.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com