Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Where the hell is everyone finding these damn motors?!?!? Lololol...I gotta get into your secret society!

As for the fuel system. Give Carl Casanova a PM on this board...the vaporworx set-up is his deal and he is one hell of a guy. He has no issue talking to you on the phone for hours helping you sort out your car. I am running a Rick's Tanks/Vaporworx set-up in my '69 442. Currently it is a 5th gen pump with a 4th gen regulator. Eventually it will be a CTS-V pump with Cal's pwm controller (just like how the actual CTS-V controls the pump).

It will be the last fuel system you will ever need for the car.

Awesome build guys!
      Dave

Got a new hat

Replaced my CTS-V supercharger hat with a ZL1 hat. Easy mod - hat tip to Lou's Change.

1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Nice looking build. We are currently building a 67 Corvette convertible with the LSA and 6L90e. We are upgrading the LSA to the 700HP range. Are you having your 6L90e upgraded? If so, who are you using to build it? What shifter are you going to use for tapup-tapdown? Lastly, why did you change the top hat to the ZL1 model?

I am not upgrading the 6L90e for now, but I'll probably be staying closer to 600 hp. Street and performance modified a Pontiac G8 shifter for me. It's cable operated and has tap up/down. I also have a paddle shifter called ShrifteSixr from Twist Machine. The engine in the ZL1 Camaro is the same as the CTS-V engine that I have, but making it look like the more like the modern ZL1 seemed more appropriate. I got lots of questions about why I'd want to put a Cadillac engine in my Camaro. Plus, check out the build called "Lou's Change." they claim better performance because of more volume and better heat exchange with the ZL1 hat. Also, the coolant lines exit the front of the ZL1 hat, which should make routing the coolant lines a little easier.
      1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Any updates??????

Is anyone running a LSA with a stock subframe? What accessory drive is everyone using?

Quote Originally Posted by cwylie View Post
      Is anyone running a LSA with a stock subframe? What accessory drive is everyone using?
      Two options are Concept One and Street and Performance. Factory might work if you buy the upper AC relocation bracket that Southern Performance Systems sells. I am not aware of any other options.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Street & Performance fixed me up, but I'm running a TCI subframe.

Terry do you have any pictures of what you did to the tunnel to make the 6L80 fit in there? Any pictures of the floor done?
      Beautiful build.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Wayne
      I have a 6L90 and I haven't modified the floor,tunnel, at least yet. It's very tight, but it bolted up. I haven't started the engine yet, so I may still need to modify the tunnel. I recall seeing a post a year or so ago for a bolt-on tunnel mod that raises the top a bit.
      Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Terry do you have any pictures of what you did to the tunnel to make the 6L80 fit in there? Any pictures of the floor done?
      Beautiful build.

Here's a pic from behind the tranny looking forward.

Country Flag: Australia
      I'm installing mine on a stock subframe. Using the accessory drive from an LS7 corvette. This superchevy article shows what I have

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...ory-drive-kit/

Country Flag: Australia
      I was originally going to use a 6l90 on mine but didn't want to have to cut the floor up so I changes to a 4l80. Looks like I may not have needed to!

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by steery View Post
      I'm installing mine on a stock subframe. Using the accessory drive from an LS7 corvette. This superchevy article shows what I have

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...ory-drive-kit/
      Same here ....
      Steve
      Build it right ... 'The 2nd Time !!'
      69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-Force LS7 - SOLD
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD
      Next - "Killer Piggy" & 77' 911 Hotrod

I didn't think you could even get it in there. You learn something new every day! Especially around here.

Wayne

I've been working on my brakes. Installing a Hydraboost system. Finished the hydraulic lines today. I saw a post where someone put wire loom and shrink tubing on their hoses. Looked so good I copied the idea.

I really like that mod you made to the lines. Add protection and looks way better

Quote Originally Posted by 5500rm5 View Post
      I really like that mod you made to the lines. Add protection and looks way better
      Thanks! Lots of colors and styles to choose from too. http://cableorganizer.com/

The hoses look great if you ask me. My trans tunnel is already raised about an inch and a half.
      Wayne

Thanks!
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      The hoses look great if you ask me. My trans tunnel is already raised about an inch and a half.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com