Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Country Flag: United States
      Finished all connections on the brakes - lines and hoses. Bleeding is next.

1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Uh oh, looks like I sheared off one of the AN adapters in the power steering pump. I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like, but it appears that there's a narrow threaded portion that's still in the pump. Dang, not done yet.

1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Is that a CF firewall?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

Yes, from Anvil. Piece of cake to install.

Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      Is that a CF firewall?

Country Flag: Canada
      I've just finished mocking up and LSA with a 6L90 into my 1970 Camaro and noticed that the trans pan it sitting quite low....below the cross member.

Did you have and issues with the 6L90 during install.....i'm contemplating raising the entire engine and trans about 2" to get some extra clearance but would value your input from your experience

did you reuse stock brake lines and just reflare them to work with your hydroboost?

My 6L90 came out of a Cadillac CTS-V and it's pan does hang lower than I'd like. Some folks on here have replaced the 6L90 pan with a shallow pan from a 6L80 (out of a G8, I think). The 6L80 pan is shorter than the 6L90, so they've welded an extension to the front of the pan. I'll do a search and see if I can find a thread on the topic. I have a shallow 6L80 pan, but haven't had it welded or installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper View Post
      I've just finished mocking up and LSA with a 6L90 into my 1970 Camaro and noticed that the trans pan it sitting quite low....below the cross member.

Did you have and issues with the 6L90 during install.....i'm contemplating raising the entire engine and trans about 2" to get some extra clearance but would value your input from your experience

The brake lines still connect to the master cylinder/proportioning valve without change when you install hydroboost. The hydroboost sits between the brake pedal and the master cylinder and is fitted with AN connections that you couple to the power steering pump, rack, and reservoir via the flexible hoses. The hydroboost acts to amplify the force applied to the master cylinder by your foot when braking, similar to a conventional power steering unit, but it uses the fluid from the power steering pump instead of engine vacuum in a conventional power steering unit.

Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      did you reuse stock brake lines and just reflare them to work with your hydroboost?

I'm beginning to think that this fitting is pressed into the PS pump (not threaded). Anyone know the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by terrydmorgan View Post
      Uh oh, looks like I sheared off one of the AN adapters in the power steering pump. I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like, but it appears that there's a narrow threaded portion that's still in the pump. Dang, not done yet.

Quick bump.

What's the clearance from the the crank pulley to sway bar?

How did the 6l90 trans fit with the stock firewall?

Did you test fit the factory Lsa drive assy on the tci sub frame? Any fitment issues?

Double post

The brake lines still connect to the master cylinder/proportioning valve without change when you install hydroboost. The hydroboost sits between the brake pedal and the master cylinder and is fitted with AN connections that you couple to the power steering pump, rack, and reservoir via the flexible hoses. The hydroboost acts to amplify the force applied to the master cylinder by your foot when braking, similar to a conventional power steering unit, but it uses the fluid from the power steering pump instead of engine vacuum in a conventional power steering unit.
      Worded it wrong. did the stock line that you already had with the car close enough to the new proportioning valve that you could bend it enough to connect? I have the exact same setup as you and just installed it on my firewall today. I don't have the brake line that routes to the rf caliper and i didn't know if i could just buy another stock line or not

Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      Worded it wrong. did the stock line that you already had with the car close enough to the new proportioning valve that you could bend it enough to connect? I have the exact same setup as you and just installed it on my firewall today. I don't have the brake line that routes to the rf caliper and i didn't know if i could just buy another stock line or not
      I am using the stock lines and was able to bend them to fit, but I'm running the TCI subframe, so I don't know if stock lines on a stock subframe would work.

No issues, but I'm using a Street & Performance accessory setup. 6L90 was a close fit, but it went in without any mods to the tunnel or firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by DJW32 View Post
      Quick bump.

What's the clearance from the the crank pulley to sway bar?

How did the 6l90 trans fit with the stock firewall?

Did you test fit the factory Lsa drive assy on the tci sub frame? Any fitment issues?

Looks good. Thank you.

Which ls motor mounts did you use?

can both of you get a angle reading off of your crank pulley and let me know the degree? Right now my engine is sitting at 4 degrees based off the crank

Thanks guys.

I have a Pontiac G6 shifter, which gives me tap-up, tap-down, but I'll still probably put in paddle shifters.

Hey terry , have any details on how to wire the g6 shifter to use the tap shift? i have 6l80 and im using psi conversions harness.. the harness has just one wire thats labeled for tapshift.. would i need to get a harness for the shifter or can i solder that single wire to the shifter along with power and ground? this is in a nissan 370z..

Terry, I may have missed it but what set of headers are you running with that build? My build is a '67 Camaro/TCI subframe, 2011 CTSv LSA/6L90 - so basically same same. I did not (yet) have the truck/tailshaft mod, so my tunnel had to be cleared, significantly. Nice to see yours go in smoothly, great build keep us posted. For engine and trans pan, I'm using an F-body LS1 Pan in current moc-up and the engine pan is flush with the front TCI crossmember, but I loose a dipstick. The 6L80 pan/modified give about an inch back to us, but still kinda low.

Hey Terry

What crossmember and engine mount kit are you using? I have a '69 Camaro LS3 with 6L80. You're the first build I've seen without raising the trans tunnel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com