Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
      Country Flag: United States
      love the Olds...unique
      Justin Novick
      Sales/Support
      Entropy Radiator / Engineered Cooling Products
      "The Sexiest Radiators For The Sexiest Hot Rods"

www.EntropyRad.com www.SpeedCooling.com

Thanks Justin, at least one can say they are not many of these at car shows!
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      64 F-85 post car Resto-Mod project-my RV when I retire

Quote Originally Posted by therobski View Post
      TexasT, Jack Laswell, very well known Buick GN engine and Trans builder, built my modified 200R4. I will start the car with the stock 67-400E BBOlds motor that's in it, I believe the converter is a stock 2800RPM stall. When I build the 425 all I have to do is change the converter, the trans can handle the additional power as with the rest of the build.. He's located outside of Dallas. I can give you his number if you like. Thanks.
      No need, Jack is well known in the Buick circle.
      Texas is the only state that could become its own country.

He is a GOOD GUY, indeed.

Well its been a bit since I updated the thread, however made a lot of progress during a 3 month sabbatical from work. That's changed now and back at work. But during that time-most of the re-wiring is done, dash is in, A/C system is installed and tons of little detail work. Just to get the car in the street and with a stock 67 BB Olds 400E ( 67 442 motor), I had the old drive shaft sandblasted, painted, new U joints now all hooked up to the Moser 9 inch. Lokar Kick down for the 200-R4 is in as with the Lokar tranny dip stick and gas pedal. I wired the converter to unlock either by touching the brake pedal or vacuum. B@M Bandit Shifter is installed as with the neutral safety switch. Fuel line is in, however if I build the BB Olds 425 I will use an electric fuel pump and change it out. Have an issue getting the Lokar throttle cable to work with this particular Q-jet throttle shaft, talked to the guys at Lokar and I think I can get it right. Parking brake cable and hardware all in.The BB Olds 400E came out of my 67 442wit maybe 3000 miles on motor. Started polishing the trim for the back window and windshield, I'm amazed how its turning out for 51 years old! Still have some work and issues with door glass and regulators and still need an a complete interior including welding in front seat brackets. Pretty much decided on Pro-Car Rally seats with Wesco 4-point Harnesses. Pictures of the finished trunk with a "Old School" Sound Stream Rubicon 300Watt amp in a built in Boom Box plus additional detail images. I want to keep the big car GM 15x7 steelies and will check the stance after the car settles and get some fatties in the rear and keeping the 51 year old poverty hub caps. Love the base model stealth look. This summer-fall after I get all the bugs worked out and enjoy the driving the car with the AC on in Texas summer heat, I will decide when to take it apart and ?????? Our sponsors and members in this club gave me to many ideas, BUT at least it no longer a "Rust Bucket" from Ohio, taking it apart will be a breeze. Enjoy and "Stay Thirsty my friend"

Lookin good!
      Phillip
      64 Studebaker Daytona Twin Turbo- http://bit.ly/1SgxQ0g
      65 Cutlass F-85 - http://bit.ly/1W4lJm4

Thanks Phil look forward to catching to all you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipM View Post
      Lookin good!
      x2 !
      Texas is the only state that could become its own country.

Looks like you made the jump from ultrahigh before I did.

Yes it's been a long time. Im on here and Classic Olds. Since the 64 is highly modified from a stock, this Forum is great. Learned a lot on here.

I'm hoping for the same. I'll have to go through your post here to refresh on your changes.

Its been along time since I updated the post and could not make it to the 2016 Power Tour with the car, but its getting real close to starting. All the glass is in but still having issues with pass side regulator not cooperating. Headliner is in using 64-64 GTO headliner material, wiring is about 90% complete, and a ton of little things have now been completed. The exhaust system is in now-ordered a 3inch mandrel system from Flowmaster with Flowmaster 44 mufflers and stainless steel clamps. The tail pipes will exit turn down and exit behind the rear wheel well, 66-67 Chevelle? Hopefully when the car settles after bouncing a bit and tuning the front suspension I'm hoping the rear will drop some more but I don't think it will, may have to order a 2inch drop spring. Once I get the suspension-rake set, maybe can get a pair of 255-60x15's in the rear. Those rims pictured are GM 15x7 big car steelies. I heard that there some companies that can take those rims and move the BS? I think GM set them at 4.5 inches not sure-sitting in a hotel room typing as we speak.

Got to hot here the last few months to work on the car, but will get back on it soon and get this car in the street.

STARDATE 6/16/18 It's been while kids! The F-85 is at a specialty shop getting the exhaust system installed, A/C charged and a front end alignment that's tuned to the Hotchkis front suspension with the B-spindle upgrade. Plus anything else that gets their attention due to my 6 years of handy work we will fix it!!. The plan is, I'm driving the car out of the shop back to the house! (40 miles) The maiden voyage. My wife will follow me.... along with my triple AAA card just in case I need a tow!! Then go get the safety inspection so I get a license plate, go from there and work out the bugs, get the stance right , order tires and finish the interior.

It looks good.

Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com