Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      I am trying to get the car home from the body shop in Little Elm during the Xmas Holidays. Once home tons of work still ahead, have to decide which way I need to go with the interior, the initial plan was to go back with the "Granny car" sleeper theme, vinyl floors, and seats, column shift but if I decide to A/C race the car you know that will not work! The 67 400E that sits in the roller now will at least get the car in the street, until I have the $$$$ to build the 425, need to buy a Vintage A/C system, get that fabbed up under the dash, I just sent out some emblems for re-plating, starting to take apart and restore the steering column. All the bumper hardware needs to some apart, have the locate a rear 64 bumper, on and on. PLUS the wife and I are about to get started building our dream home complete with a 1500 square foot shop. Needless to say that's taking some serious large $$$$$$$$$. So it may be awhile....

64 F-85 post car Resto-Mod project-my RV when I retire

more progress on detail

It's just one thing after the other-detail-ordering parts/fasteners etc., just finished restoring the steering column, and a bunch of other small components paying attention to detail. 64 F-85, Cutlass has a few one year only parts so after 48 years I did the best I could, but will continue to look at what ever comes available-front pass side parking/turn signal lamp lens, etc. to replace what I have as we move on. I should have the buggy home in a few weeks. ( I know I have said that a million times) The hood is in primer and the fenders are getting mounted after Xmas. The front wheel wells were scratched some and need some touch up. I am looking into an "old school" sound system.

Country Flag: United States
      She looks pretty damn nice do you have her home yet?

No sir maybe in another month or less. I'm also in the process of building a new home with a 1300 square foot shop, $$$$$$$ so if it takes a longer, my time, thoughts and $$$$$$ are pre-occupied!!

It'a been while Stardate 03/17/2013 But Getting closer

Been along 3 months or so but with the new house and shop almost complete, getting ready to move, going to lease the house were in and I forgot to mention I still have to work to pay for all of this! We still are making some progress on the 64. Also under construction building a custom, old school speaker box for under the package tray. Located an almost new 300 amp Rubicon amplifier. Here are a few updates on the car....( never mind the upper radiator hose that's ugly and will be replaced

how tall is the ceiling in the shop?

Keep up the progress!
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

The shop ceiling is 12 feet. It will be all wood and brick not steel. Man cave?

she almost ready to come home

Car is almost finished as far as the body shop, but I'm moving in a few weeks and asked if the car could set there because I only want to move it once. So very busy with everything, but am excited to start putting things back together. I am really thinking hard about learning how to build a turbo 425 for this car. The engine it there currently is a 67 400E, for Olds guys that are restoring 67 442's they know these motors are scarce. This project has is becoming my one-of-a-kind F-85 masterpiece:

Name:  IMG_0650.jpg
Views: 1382
Size:  271.9 KB

Any Olds guys in this forum that have any ideas how too build a BB Olds with a Turbo please reply. I am really thinking about a Turbo 425 set up. The rest of the car will handle the power.

I like it. Can't wait to see how it is all going to turn out. By the way the green Tahoe in the background looks just like mine.

Thanks 1989GTA she will be one-of that is for sure. Olds guys (and a few girls) are different what can I say? I grew up with Olds, my older brother sold new Oldsmobile's in the 60's at Yeager Olds in Milwaukee, brought home a new demo all the time.Since then I was hooked especially when he a brought home a 66 Toro and just smoked the front tires in the front of the house!

How much HP are you wanting to make?

I am NOT a turbo expert by any means but I'm fairly up to speed on Olds big blocks and you start talking some serious $$ above the 600 point and that's just to keep the block together. Also as far as I know there are zero turbo header options so the only real option besides a $1k set of custom headers is stock exhaust manifolds upside-down and backwards with a v-band flang welded on.

I went the arguably cheaper rout and went for cubic inches but have a lot more aggresive cam than you would need for the same hp and a turbo.
      81 Regal, impersonating a Grand National with a 488 Olds
      Build thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ith-a-488-Olds

Carguykeith I believe your correct, been looking into and if you are staying with the Olds BB your better off building a torque monster in which they are known for. For the time being I will get the car drivable with the stock 67 Olds 442 400E motor that's in the car now.

Therobski, I'm a fan of all GM A bodys love your '64! Can't wait to see it done.

Please update soon! Amazing!

getting settled at the new ranch

Although it's a balmy 104, it's a beaut Clark! ( Christmas Vacation) I got out in the shop got the 64 up on all fours and assessed where i left off and decided to finish building the brake system. I did install the battery box and the brackets, started to mess with the Kugel Komponents transmission arm connection kit. I am trying to make the 200R4 work with the old column shift-2 speed set up. I am looking for a 1 1/8 bore master cylinder for my manual brakes. There are alot of choices out there. Any ideas???
      Attached Images Attached Images          

Country Flag: Canada
      The car is looking great!
      Paul

1972 Cutlass 2-door post, 455/th350 Project Thread
      1983 Delta 88, 307/200-4r, factory F-41 suspension
      2019 Mustang GT PP1

Hope mine influenced the stripe. I really love the graphic.

It did, you may know that only in 65 the stripe was a dealer added option, I got the specs and exactly where it goes on the car from 442.com. I had the body shop paint it on. It is not my handy work trust me!

The late summer heat is on, 106 today. Finished bending the brake lines off the MC-question what size is the larger line for the MC to the proportioning valve? The one in the picture on the MC is a template. The other 3/16 line with the spring on it is good to. Got the rest of the front lines on. Installed a new gas tank-was not that easy the car had very little trunk floors and braces left and the new stuff made a little tuff for one person. Installed a new rear wiring harness.
      Attached Images Attached Images                

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com