Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      It all looks great, your doing an awesome job!

Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Thanks guys if any has ideas on how to route the trans cooler lines and what to use this is the next challenge.Very tight on these 64 A-body with headers. The Chevlles have the starter where the oil filter is on an a BB Olds.
      64 F-85 post car Resto-Mod project-my RV when I retire

What about in the frame rails? I had a set made at a local industrial hydraulic shop out of flexible line that has a black fabric out cover so they don't bring attention to themselves and are very tough.
      81 Regal, impersonating a Grand National with a 488 Olds
      Build thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ith-a-488-Olds

I thought about that and looked in there where the fuel line goes and cannot figure out how to get in there and make the hole bigger. But that is a great idea if only???

STARDATE 05242012-Im starting to get stoked

The body shop called and there maybe red paint on the body next week! In the meantime I just about finished restoring the dash and components. Steering column is next. I sent the circuit board and the fuel gauge to Red Line Gauge and Clock Repair in TN and they did a great job, very reasonable. The rest I did myself. I want to ( at least for know) I want to continue to keep the "granny car " base model look, keeping the $$$$$ beneath the skin. With the Hotchkis suspension and all it would be almost impossible to stay in the seat in an AC event. So hopefully I will have the body on the car and back home by the 4th of July????

You should be stoked! That dash looks great, nice job. These "other A-bodies" need some PT lovin'. Like my Chevelle, but would do an Olds, Poncho, or Buick in a second. Nice build.
      Aaron
      65 Chevelle, LS1 with a T56
      Project G-Velle

I know the 64-65 "Post cars" are getting harder to find.

Once again almost ready for paint

The body work is so extensive on this car IE: Again complete new floor-trunk, braces, cross section between the taillights, new doors, left front fender, tons of little patch panels in the front and rear window channels, rear quarters welded in etc. and these guys are very meticulous about their work, its just mind boggling! Last weekend I took the trunk and door parts out and brought the bare parts back. Heard today the doors are ready for paint too. So that said this time I can say I will need to make plans to get the rolling chassis up there in a few weeks. As soon as there is color I send you guys pictures. But nothing fancy with the paint. Color is 64 Olds "target red"

It's so fun to see this car progress. Keep up the good work and Oldsmobile love!
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

Paint ????

Again waiting for paint, these guys are really dedicated to making things right the first time ( makes me impatient) mentioning they keep finding tiny little imperfections here and there and said the final sand down is this weekend. In the meantime with a little research and a few phone calls to Champion Radiator I installed an aluminum radiator that is a direct fit. For you few pro touring Olds guys out there; the 64 Cutlass has a one year only core support because Olds did not introduce the BB 400 until the 65 442. That said the 64-65 GTO radiator works with out modifying the core support! Hopefully the next update the buggy will be " Target Red"

Holly Batsh$$ Batman we have paint

Well one look at this paint work and knowing where this poor car came from it was well worth the 16 month wait. Next week on the 15th I'm getting a few other "gearheads" together and we going to re-unite the roller with the body. This will give me some time and space to restore the steering column, vent windows etc. I can also start updating the progress again until I run out of money!!

Looks great, from one F-85 to another. Nice color too ;)

Project Red Ransom
      Andy - 1964 Olds

No more rust!!!!

Thanks, it has come a tremendous way and now I can have some fun putting the car together with no FRINKIN RUST"

It looks great Rob!
      This is Larry Callahan adding to Rocky's profile.

I'm sorry to say that we have lost Rocky.

RIP....

Body is back on the car

Here are some shots of the body being placed on the car. Measure ten times lower it once! It worked. This weekend I will have an update and post some pictures.

Looks great. Keep the pictures coming. I guess it was worth the 16 month wait in paint jail.

I like that "paint jail"!! But I saved a lot of money too. Until it got painted the car was worked on in between insurance jobs.

and a little more paint

Well things are moving in the right direction, more pictures of the progress and detail-I know this is not going to be show stopper but I like to do things right the first time so I know the quality is there and feel good about the accomplishment. And cruise with some of you guys in the future and not be on the side of the road. The goal is to get the buggy home over the Xmas Holiday Season.

looks beautiful in red!

Rob,
      Man your car is looking fantastic! Your not going to miss this one going down the road in it's bright red clothing. How long do you anticipate it taking to put it all back together?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com