Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

UMI + Ridetech spindles

Hi, I'm considering running a full UMI front and rear suspension setup with their pro coil QA1 coilover setup front and rear and sway bars. Their kit doesn't include spindles...so I'm considering running this with ridetech spindles.

If you run this setup please give me some feedback (umi states that several have sucessfully). Also, if you don't but have an opinion I'd be glad to hear about it as well.

I'm looking for a stance similiar to Roger Poirier's 1969 GTO seen on this website and lateral-g.com; please let me know if you think I can nail it with the setup mentioned above or running a full ridetech setup on my 70 gto. Thanks.

My personal opinion is two fold:
      1-if you want to use coil overs, go full coil over. . .not a hybrid. Doing so allows you a lot more spring options and you can set the height where you want it.
      2-use a "suspension system". Piecing a system together using various vendors may not get the maximum out of the system as a whole.

Professional opinion:
      I know what we do to correct the suspension geometry using our tall spindles, however I'm not sure what UMI does for a stock spindle. Putting the parts together may negate any changes we've made, or may "double up" on the required changes, thereby making the changes "too much". If that makes sense.

Thanks for both your personal and profession opinion. I do have a question regarding your suspension "system." What changes to the steering/"bumpsteer" have you guys done for the A-body cars like my 70 gto?

Your tru-turn system for the camaro/nova has had great reviews to correct bumpsteer in the F-body using the same a-arms and spindles but nothing is available for the A-body. Are there differences in the a-arms or spindles in the A-body systems that correct for this or has the A-body just not been addressed yet??

Also, what does availablity look like right now for your system? Shipping time?

Quote Originally Posted by marolf101x View Post
      My personal opinion is two fold:
      1-if you want to use coil overs, go full coil over. . .not a hybrid. Doing so allows you a lot more spring options and you can set the height where you want it.
      2-use a "suspension system". Piecing a system together using various vendors may not get the maximum out of the system as a whole.

Professional opinion:
      I know what we do to correct the suspension geometry using our tall spindles, however I'm not sure what UMI does for a stock spindle. Putting the parts together may negate any changes we've made, or may "double up" on the required changes, thereby making the changes "too much". If that makes sense.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com