Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Goldberg Trans Am

I am happy to announce a special project I have had a small part in seeing come together.
      A couple months ago Bill called me about helping him build a killer Pro-touring car based on a early second gen Trans Am. I first introduced him to Ben Hermance and got Ben started on a Rendering. Then, I explained some of the major players in the Pro-touring world and what was available for his car. Bill is no newbie to the car world, and really got hooked on the Pro-touring scene last year when he hosted the optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational. Bill decided he had to have a car he could bring to events and plans to either drive himself or have his wife Wanda drive it. Wanda is a trained stunt driver and certainly has the credentials to show us how it is done. As you will see from the impressive list of sponsors and vendors, we have put together some of the best parts in the business on this car. The one thing I couldn't talk him into was A/C since he lives in LA. We will see how that works out when he is in the deep south next summer on a cruise.
      Anyway, lets welcome Bill to Protouring and look for this car to debut very soon and watch for it at future events.
      Thanks to all the sponsors that stepped up, I know this car will get alot of attention and will represent our corner of the hobby well.

Last edited by Bill Howell; 06-08-2011 at 04:02 AM.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

First, many thanks to Bill Howell for getting me involved. I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to work with Bill Goldberg on his first PT car. I quickly learned that he and I have very similar taste so that made this a very smooth process. Bill has been a pleasure to work with. The style of the car only went through a few subtle changes as we finalized the design.

We ended up with a stealthy and sinister ride with minimal accent pieces that'll carry a somewhat industrial look. Form follows function on this car and we wanted it to be purpose built so Bill can have some real fun with it. You may notice the graphics are a little different than a stock TA. The center stripe will be exposed Carbon bordered with a thin silver pinstripe to match wheel hoops and nose trim. To finish off that stripe, we decided that it would be cool if used Bill's signature tattoo in a tone on tone effect rather than the screaming bird. It's meant to be a subtle touch, not something overpowering and garish.

Thanks again guys, I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Very cool..cant wait to follow this build...!! Welcome to the pt world Goldberg !!
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

Very cool Bill. Cannot wait to watch this one come together. Who is doing the build?

Definitely watching this one.
      Dan
      1968 Camaro v2
      LS6 :: Viper T56 :: C5 Brakes :: Hotchkis Suspension

This is very cool. Goldberg seems to be a real motor head, it is cool to have celebrities amoung us. Certain to draw more attention to our segment of the hobby.

Good job Howell!

Very cool! Can't wait to see it being built!

Robert

Bill Goldberg is definetly a car guy. He was recently on Adam Carolla's CarCast and has a passion for cars. I am happy to hear he is doing a 2nd gen F-Body. I am looking forward to the build.
      Mike Lara

This will be a fun one to watch! Goldberg seemed very enthusiastic at Del Mar this spring.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Darn Bill...I shoulda had you announce my project so I could get all those killer sponsers on board...

Looks like a great project!
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

Very cool. I was half expecting to see Bill build a PT car, as David mentioned he was having a blast at the Good Guys show in Del Mar, not to mention at OUSCI. He did have a monter truck after all, a muscle car is the next logical step right?

When does the build commence, and where is it being done at?
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Edit post LOL

Glad to see more people seeing the light....LOL

First off, many thx for the invite to be a part of such a passionate group. There is not a person on the planet that does not know I'm a car guy, and with this being said I'm stunned it took me this long to jump in! There is one very important thing that I must say.......my intent is not to barge into this arena with my chest out exclaiming "Who's Next! My objective is to blend in as one of the guys and quietly do what I can to further the sport.
      There is a bit of a backstory on the car, so here goes......stick with me....

I purchased a 1967 Jag XKE roadster for my wife about 5yrs ago. After an extensive 100 pt 2 yr resto my intent was to show the car then drive it every now and then. Well......after completion, for 3yrs the car sat without being started ONCE! A travesty I know but true non the less. Then, after attending and hosting clearly one of the coolest events on the planet, the optima Ultimate Streetcar Invitational, I came up with a brilliant plan (with LOTS of help from my buddy Billy Howell) to make it right. Backing up a bit, during the filming of The Longest Yard in '06, I spotted an add for a RAM AIR IV T/A on Ebay. I knew I'd seen the car before (Hemming's 8mths prior) as I've been on the lookout for one of these bad boys to park next to my '73 Super Duty for a while. I'm 90% a numbers matching guy, and I always do my homework......except this time! I put a modest bid in, went to set for filming, and upon my return I realized I was the new owner of a '70 Ram Air IV!!!!......Except it was a RAIII body, with a RAIII block and RAIV heads! Even the best of us get had, but it was clearly my own fault for not investigating it further. BUT MY LOSS IS MY WIFE'S GAIN!!!!!!! Upon returning home, I started to execute our plan. I sold the Jag, made some calls, and started to strip the T/A for it's rebirth. Let's just say that this plan could not have been a better one......I sell the car that has no business sitting next my American Muscle Cars, and I give an ex stuntwomen and love of my life a car that she can actually beat to death and have fun while she's doing it! Truly a dream come true for us both.

Now the excitement of the event was awesome, but what truly drew me to the hobby were the people involved. What a breath of fresh air to meet such passionate and accommodating people.

So with all that being said, I'm honored to be invited to be one of the group. I will do everything in my power to properly represent the hobby and bring as many eyes and ears to the events as possible to help further the growth of the sport. I thank all of the great sponsors involved, and hope everyone follows the build as we're all very excited!! STAY TUNED!!!!!!

The Humbled....GOLDBERG

This should be fun, Hmmmmm what if I could tell all the body builders at work " I beat Goldburg " Lol

Bill A/C is for " Kitty cats " ? I have become one with my ride after all the sweat I have shared with / in her. ( that sounds disturbing )
      Matt

Current project: " Chain Reaction "

A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

Quote Originally Posted by hdesign View Post
      a stealthy and sinister ride
      Nailed it....looks great Ben!
      Goldberg, looking forward to following the progress on the new edition to your family.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

I really like this car and I am not a musclecar guy at all, and disco cars....fuhgettaaboutit. I didn't understand all the sponsors either, but after reading what Mr. Goldberg had to say I really don't care. A guy and his wife with a bitchin car and they are going to beat it like a rented mule.....that's what its about.

May your future be full of worn tires, have fun with that car!

Yep.. right up my alley.

good to see a famous guy with some taste.

Same here, big check book for a great build.... I'll be watching this high profile project.

Way to go Bill

Great looking ride. Chad Fletcher had Ben design my Trans Am as well and he did another fine job I see.

If you want to see a BUNCH of pro-touring F-body builds, I have them listed in the following posting on TAC. If you know of a bad ass 2nd gen build that is not on that list, let me know and I'll make sure it is. Bill, your car is now on the list!

http://transamcountry.com/community/...7304#msg367304

Very cool.. Nice work Billy Big Block!
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com