Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast
      How soon until we see build pics?

Country Flag: United States
      Hey Bill,

Since you're surely going to be uploading a lot of progress pictures on this thread, you might consider displaying them in a larger format... I find it a lot more "viewer friendly" to have them already loaded that way so everyone doesn't have to click on a number of smaller thumbnail pics...

Something like this:

Just a suggestion...

If interested, sign up for a free membership on www.photobucket.com. Upload your pictures in a personal album. When you're ready to post your pictures in your build thread, go to the "quick reply" box at the end of your thread, click on the "Go advanced" button. In that "Advanced" box, type your message and when you're ready to post a picture, have a second "window" open on your computer. Have your Photobucket account open on the second window. Go to the picture you want to post. When you pass your mouse over the desired picture, an option menu will display below that picture. Click your mouse on the bottom-most link called, "IMG Code". It should say, "Copied". If it doesn't, then click on your right mouse button and click, "save". Then jump back over to your ERNREE "build thread" in the "Advanced" box and click the right mouse button and click, "paste". To see if the submittal looks good, click on the "Preview Post" to make sure everything is laid out properly. If it all looks cool, click the "Submit Reply" button and you're good to go!!

Hope that helps!!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

Besides the album on here doesn't hold to many photos, I learned that really quick.
      There are 2 factors in Autocross, Tires and the loose nut behind the wheel.

Paul Grala
      69 Mach 1 project (For Sale)
      78 Cobra
      87 GT
      98 Expedition

P.S.... I REALLY like your GARAGE MAHAL!!!

Now THAT is EVERY man's dream...
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

Just tuning in here....welcome Bill! Have enjoyed watching you on TV those few occasions I've seen you. LOL Like others here I am a bit partial to the early 2nd gen birds, as you can probably see. Have had a fair share of them, and glad to see them finally coming into their own. I too started out amazed and attracted to stock versions, but I'm not what most call a normal person anyway and it wasnt long before the wilder part of my soul called out for something more individual. More me. So now I have The BEAST......my 73 TA 462 with a turbo.

I really must say I love what you are doing with yours. The minimalist approach to external styling is going to go a long way toward making this a knockout.

Not sure what your plans are beyond what has been outlined, but as a long time 2nd gen owner (and I realize you are too) I'm going to throw some suggestions at you.

First, if you arent already planning to throw one of those beautiful Art Morrison 2nd gen full frames under it, make sure its tied together tightly from front to rear......cage too. I'm putting a tilt one piece glass front end on mine, and with your carbon fiber pieces up front you are going to need it rock solid from front to rear or I see trouble brewing...same as mine. On a stock car you can see every joint up front move tremendously if you lift one corner of the car, and those front fenders/inner wheel wells/core support/nose actually were sort of stressed members.

Second.....space under these cars is at a premium when it comes to headers. If you end up looking at options for headers that come any lower than your LS oil pan you'll be unhappy.....I can get you hooked up with custom built Tri-y headers (not 3 tube...real tri-y's that'll fit a 2nd gen frame) at a great price. I know the guy who builds them. There may be other options out there I dont know of, but this is definitely an option as he's built many sets for 2nd gen birds.....including Roger Bolligers winning 1970 Jerry Titus Trans Am clone in europe. If you havent seen it Bill......you'll love watching the video of Roger mopping up some incredible cars including a 1000 hp 935 porsche on the roadrace course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv4qouMwhj8

Third, you definitely need some sort of power adder. The best bang for your buck when it comes to leaving everyone else behind. LOL. My vote for your LS motor would be to supercharge it.

I've subscribed to your thread Bill, and look forward watching it come to life. Hope to meet you and your wife someday to share some fun with the smell of roasted rubber lingering on the air.

Aron
      1973 Trans Am 455 SR block, ported 6x-8 heads, solid cam, Victor intake, 830 CSU carb, aluminum rods, 77mm Garrett turbo and methanol injection. 1064hp at the flywheel@5500 rpm

Am I the only one that and then wants to Jackhammer my monitor after that video? Just sayin...
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Welcome aboard Goldberg, I've always liked the old T/A's.

On a second note I guess Bolliger isn't much for heal/toe. As far as mopping up the Porsche, its pretty obvious the Porsche had issues and let him by. Bad Ass T/A though.

Never mind me, back to the regularly scheduled program.

Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

The porsche did have some issues that race, but Roger had last I heard won 3 of 4 races this season against some pretty impressive cars including that porsche again if I understand correctly. The 4th race he broke a driveshaft I believe. Regardless....makes me want to ship my car over there and join in the fun! lol
      1973 Trans Am 455 SR block, ported 6x-8 heads, solid cam, Victor intake, 830 CSU carb, aluminum rods, 77mm Garrett turbo and methanol injection. 1064hp at the flywheel@5500 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG View Post
      Attachment 47420...I decided to build her something completely opposite of her Mercury....something loud, mean,fast and in your face.
      SO.....ERNREE is ERNIE's alter ego (his violent side)...

It finally hit me, now I get it!

Just like reading a custom tag, I too had been racking my brain trying to figure out the reason behind the name.

First thought of course, was "Ernie."
      Nah, that can't be right. Too far off.

Now that you laid it out, it makes sense (at least to my feeble brain).

"Ernree"....being from the south, I can say that I've the word pronounced phonetically, just this way, on many an occasion

As he said.
      The car's loud, mean in your face, just plain ORNERY!!
      Or as we refer to it in native redneck....Ernree.

Even close Bill?
      Gordon.
      The artist FKA: SAR Skipper.

You are spot on my friend......
      Quote Originally Posted by SAR Skipper View Post

It finally hit me, now I get it!

Just like reading a custom tag, I too had been racking my brain trying to figure out the reason behind the name.

First thought of course, was "Ernie."
      Nah, that can't be right. Too far off.

Now that you laid it out, it makes sense (at least to my feeble brain).

"Ernree"....being from the south, I can say that I've the word pronounced phonetically, just this way, on many an occasion

As he said.
      The car's loud, mean in your face, just plain ORNERY!!
      Or as we refer to it in native redneck....Ernree.

Even close Bill?

Cool that had me scratching my head too frankly LOL..... "in your face" but not for long with how this suckers being built LOL...
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

.....gives the people behind me something to think about!!!
      Quote Originally Posted by tazzz25906112 View Post
      Cool that had me scratching my head too frankly LOL..... "in your face" but not for long with how this suckers being built LOL...

Thank you very much for the help Ray....

Quote Originally Posted by 454bug View Post
      Hey Bill,

Since you're surely going to be uploading a lot of progress pictures on this thread, you might consider displaying them in a larger format... I find it a lot more "viewer friendly" to have them already loaded that way so everyone doesn't have to click on a number of smaller thumbnail pics...

Something like this:

Just a suggestion...

If interested, sign up for a free membership on www.photobucket.com. Upload your pictures in a personal album. When you're ready to post your pictures in your build thread, go to the "quick reply" box at the end of your thread, click on the "Go advanced" button. In that "Advanced" box, type your message and when you're ready to post a picture, have a second "window" open on your computer. Have your Photobucket account open on the second window. Go to the picture you want to post. When you pass your mouse over the desired picture, an option menu will display below that picture. Click your mouse on the bottom-most link called, "IMG Code". It should say, "Copied". If it doesn't, then click on your right mouse button and click, "save". Then jump back over to your ERNREE "build thread" in the "Advanced" box and click the right mouse button and click, "paste". To see if the submittal looks good, click on the "Preview Post" to make sure everything is laid out properly. If it all looks cool, click the "Submit Reply" button and you're good to go!!

Hope that helps!!

Just now saw this thread. Looks like it is going to be a killer ride! Welcome to the site Bill, it will be nice to have someone "big" it the hobby that actully IS a REAL car guy! I look forward to seeing this come along.
      Welcome!!
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

Quote Originally Posted by HectorM52 View Post

I met Bill at a UGA game many years ago. Right around his hey-day in the 'rassling world. Yup, fellow UGA man here!!
      x2, I graduated last year 2010.

Anyway, welcome Bill. The rendering looks great and I can't wait to see the build photos. You're going to love driving that thing with all the great parts planned for it. Great project name too.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Cool to have you joining our ranks, but even better, it looks like we are getting another quality second gen 'bird/TA. I always liked watching you during the WCW days and I have enjoyed the Bullrun shows. It was pretty clear from watching those shows that you are a car guy.
      Stephen

You are spot on my friend......
      Whoo hoo.. oh yeah... (ok, nuff of that crap!)

.....gives the people behind me something to think about!!!
      I'm sure that's going to be a very long line.....
      Gordon.
      The artist FKA: SAR Skipper.

Welcome to the site Bill, I always loved watching you when you wrestled because you just went by your name and didn't have to create a persona (Like The Iron Shiek or The Undertaker). You always reminded me of the old school guys.

The car looks great, you are in great hands with Hermance and all the others I saw on board. Watch out for that Howell guy though.....he can be a bit of a media whore.

So I have to ask (since I'm from Detroit), when you played for the Atlanta Falcons back in the day....did you ever get a hit on Barry Sanders?
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

Quote Originally Posted by trapin View Post
      Welcome to the site Bill, I always loved watching you when you wrestled because you just went by your name and didn't have to create a persona (Like The Iron Shiek or The Undertaker). You always reminded me of the old school guys.

The car looks great, you are in great hands with Hermance and all the others I saw on board. Watch out for that Howell guy though.....he can be a bit of a media whore.

So I have to ask (since I'm from Detroit), when you played for the Atlanta Falcons back in the day....did you ever get a hit on Barry Sanders?
      ABSOLUTELY! BUT.....he's another Oklahoma boy like myself so I went easy on him! (right....only got him once....)

Welcome Bill, you are building a sweet ride! Very cool to see you on here and being a part of this great hobby. I was able to meet you a few years back at Barrett-Jackson and came to realize that even with all of the things you do on camera, you came across very humble and just another car guy. Look forward to seeing your build progress and then getting to see you or your wife enjoy driving it! Going to the Run to Music City few weeks ago really opened my eyes up as far as the quality of people involved in this hobby, great people and good times!
      1989 Camaro RS Flashback

Corey

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com