Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast
      The guys over at Ridelust dot com really like the project!!

http://www.ridelust.com/goldberg-trans-am/

Jimi Day
      FM3 Performance Marketing, Inc.
      http://www.fm3marketing.com

"The timid hang back. But those with courage will march on." - Walter P. Chrysler

Goldberg,
      Sweet TA! A LSU classmate many years ago had a 71 TA Ram Air the same color blue with blue interior. I loved that car. At that time I was driving a 71 Cutlass which I still miss.

Morgan
      Morgan
      Fresno CA.
      65 Shelby 427 S/C
      67 Mustang Coupe
      Thread: Morgan's 67 Project Trans Am Coupe

Cant wait to drive it

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG View Post
      First off, many thx for the invite to be a part of such a passionate group. There is not a person on the planet that does not know I'm a car guy, and with this being said I'm stunned it took me this long to jump in! There is one very important thing that I must say.......my intent is not to barge into this arena with my chest out exclaiming "Who's Next! My objective is to blend in as one of the guys and quietly do what I can to further the sport.
      There is a bit of a backstory on the car, so here goes......stick with me....

I purchased a 1967 Jag XKE roadster for my wife about 5yrs ago. After an extensive 100 pt 2 yr resto my intent was to show the car then drive it every now and then. Well......after completion, for 3yrs the car sat without being started ONCE! A travesty I know but true non the less. Then, after attending and hosting clearly one of the coolest events on the planet, the optima Ultimate Streetcar Invitational, I came up with a brilliant plan (with LOTS of help from my buddy Billy Howell) to make it right. Backing up a bit, during the filming of The Longest Yard in '06, I spotted an add for a RAM AIR IV T/A on Ebay. I knew I'd seen the car before (Hemming's 8mths prior) as I've been on the lookout for one of these bad boys to park next to my '73 Super Duty for a while. I'm 90% a numbers matching guy, and I always do my homework......except this time! I put a modest bid in, went to set for filming, and upon my return I realized I was the new owner of a '70 Ram Air IV!!!!......Except it was a RAIII body, with a RAIII block and RAIV heads! Even the best of us get had, but it was clearly my own fault for not investigating it further. BUT MY LOSS IS MY WIFE'S GAIN!!!!!!! Upon returning home, I started to execute our plan. I sold the Jag, made some calls, and started to strip the T/A for it's rebirth. Let's just say that this plan could not have been a better one......I sell the car that has no business sitting next my American Muscle Cars, and I give an ex stuntwomen and love of my life a car that she can actually beat to death and have fun while she's doing it! Truly a dream come true for us both.

Now the excitement of the event was awesome, but what truly drew me to the hobby were the people involved. What a breath of fresh air to meet such passionate and accommodating people.

So with all that being said, I'm honored to be invited to be one of the group. I will do everything in my power to properly represent the hobby and bring as many eyes and ears to the events as possible to help further the growth of the sport. I thank all of the great sponsors involved, and hope everyone follows the build as we're all very excited!! STAY TUNED!!!!!!

The Humbled....GOLDBERG
      Glad to see you here Goldberg! I have been a big fan of yours since your days "Between the Hedges"...I'm a UGA grad (1993) if you hadn't guessed by my business name! Hope to see you at some events!
      Joe Hinds

Quote Originally Posted by Will Baty View Post
      Cant wait to drive it

YOU WISH!!!!! You couldn't reach the pedals!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgMusclecars View Post
      Glad to see you here Goldberg! I have been a big fan of yours since your days "Between the Hedges"...I'm a UGA grad (1993) if you hadn't guessed by my business name! Hope to see you at some events!
      Great to see another "DAWG" for sure! I knew UGA bred some gearheads!

A bit of progress.......

Deff a nice build for sure. Its gonna be a looker. I can't wait to see this thing done!!
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

So would you compete in your own show?

I will be driving it...Mark my words!
      YOU WISH!!!!! You couldn't reach the pedals!!!

Wow and welcome aboard Bill, to our neck of the woods. Can't wait to follow your build and then get to see you beat on it, like you did to the other guys in wrestling.
      Awesome car, and looking foward to seeing you at the events!!
      BTW dig the show Bullrun!!!
      Later

Chris Reed
      Vice Director of the Indiana Buick GSCA Club
      "STG1RGL"
      82 Regal (in 87 sheetmetal) w/Buick Big Block 455
      (R.I.P. lost in my garage fire 01/09/14)
      www.cardomain.com/id/stg1regal

7.5 G's Rule!!!

Now I'm the one feeling inspired LOL,,,,, "Very Nice" Bill. I'll bet that gets the blood flowing pal.
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

BTW Bill, do me favor and drop me some info/pic's on that little white jewel in the background... It looks like it would make life bloody lovely with engine pickups and swaps,,, not to mention general parts pickup too...
      Carbon Kustoms Limited

That's a GREAT lookin' Camaro Bill!!

If that car inspires you, then these two Jerry Titus cars should get your blood pumpin' as well...

Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

That #8 Bird is tits!!
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Great to see another "DAWG" for sure! I knew UGA bred some gearheads!
      If you ever remember seeing a black '57 Chevy Belair with Weld Draglites on campus, that was me!
      I've always thought that it was very cool that one of my favorite 'Dawgs of all time was a car guy, too! I have an old poster of you in the shop to this day:

You may also want to check out my friend George Siegal's car, the "Yanque Tanque".

http://www.yanquetanque.com/
      Last edited by BulldawgMusclecars; 06-15-2011 at 08:23 AM.
      Joe Hinds

Product Update.....

Carbon Customs carbon fiber fenders being tested on project "ERNREE" arrive!!! Thank you Albert! (Beta pair ladies and gents....waiting for feedback) Awesome finish and waiting on fit. Stay tuned!!!!!!

Oh my, those look awesome. I can't wait until I can swing a pair of those.
      Stephen

Thanks Bill, I'm glad to see they arrived OK and that you're pleased with the product,,, I'll look forward to the updates on fit and your builders impressions of the product if he has a chance to come up for air....

BTW here is a little teaser for you buddy,,,, a quick water sand and puff to remove air borne impurities in the UV clear and it'll be real pretty my friend...It'll be coming your way tomorrow all things equal...
      Carbon Kustoms Limited

Thanks Stephen, we're really excited with he product development as it's growing in leaps and bounds and look forward to entering the market place in the coming months.....
      Carbon Kustoms Limited

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com